Chapter Thirteen: Agreement (END)

This book is probably the fluffiest thing I've written in a long while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek rushed past his football teammates hoping to avoid them. He almost made it when one of them called out his name. He quietly groaned and turned around a fake smirk on his face. He felt his fingers twitch and with quick strides he made it back to them.

"Hey guys." He spoke with uncertainty.

"So rumor has it your gay." They cut right to the chase.

Derek felt his heart drop and his face flush. He felt his hands grow sweaty and every instinct of his was telling him to run out of the school and go into hiding. He let out a chuckle and he could tell some of them had bought it.

"Who told you that bullshit?" Derek played it cool.

"Eric Dayes, said he saw you and Stiles alone after school apparently standing way to close to be straight."

Derek scoffed, "Eric is a liar, i barely even talk to Stiles."

"I don't know." another teammate murmured, "he seemed pretty sure to me."

"He's an asshole." Derek rolled his eyes, "I'll talk to him."

A couple of murmurs scattered through the group, but Derek ignored them. He moved away from the group and started his way towards Stiles's locker when he realized how suspicious that looked. He stopped himself and decided he'd go confront Eric even if Eric was one hundred percent right. The journey to Eric was quick and full of thoughts about what he was going to say to Eric once he approached him.

He spotted Eric talking to his girlfriend by his opened locker. Derek felt his heart skip a beat but he still made his way towards Eric. Eric looked up and gave Derek an unimpressed look before shutting his locker door and locking it.

"What the fuck?" Derek questioned the second he was sure Eric could hear him.

"Hello to you too,Derek." Eric smiled now grabbing his girlfriend's hand.

"You're telling everyone I'm gay, without even asking me?" Derek huffed, "I'm not by the way."

"Didn't look like that when you were talking to Stiles." Eric shrugged, "I'm just telling people what I saw."

"No you're adding a lie behind it which is making everyone think that I'm gay when I'm not." Derek felt his heart pounding against his rib cage and his fist clenched up in a tight ball, "who gave you the right?"

"Uh, me?" Eric shrugged smiling, "look if you're not gay then don't make a big deal about it."

Derek felt himself shifting so he turned away taking in a deep breath to calm himself down. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Eric was practically forcing him out of the closet and if any of his family found out about this rumor he was definitely screwed.

"Look man I'm not judging," Eric hummed, "it is what it is."

Derek was so close to punching Eric he was surprised he refrained himself from doing just that. Paige ran up noting the tension on Derek's face. Derek's face was burning red and blood dropped from his clenched fists. She grabbed Derek's arm and dragged him away before anything could be said or done.

She brought him into an empty classroom and shut the door behind them making sure nobody else followed. Derek slammed his fist into the wall causing it to crack and split where it impacted. She winced but let him take out his anger hoping a teacher wouldn't notice the noise. He growled but finally his breathing was becoming regular and his hand has healed quite nicely. She sighed now resting against one of the many desks.

"I need to talk to Stiles." Derek murmured.

"Want me to go get him?" Paige offered but Derek shook his head.

"I'll talk to them outside of school." Derek ran a hand through his hair.

"Are you okay?" Paige looked at him with soft eyes.

"No, but hopefully I will be."

~*~

Stiles sat in the booth in his and Derek's favorite diner waiting for Derek. He knew it had something to do with the rumor at school and how poorly Derek reacted to it. Derek wasn't ashamed of dating me right? Stiles frowned at his own thought not sure if this was the end of their newly found relationship.

Derek stepped into the diner a frown etched on his face and his arms stiff by his sides. He took his seat and sighed barely able to look Stiles in his eyes. Stiles felt his heart skip a beat not sure what Derek was going to say or do.

"I know you heard the rumor." Derek started, "and I just want to clarify that being with you has made me the happiest I've been in a long while."

Stiles nodded in agreement not trusting his voice.

"But being together in public is too risky especially with Laura in school with us." Derek looked down at his hands, "maybe we should just call this off?"

"Or-"

"Or?" Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Or we just keep this private. No public interaction in fact we can act like we don't even know each other." Stiles offered, "and nobody has to know the truth."

"Except us?" Derek questioned.

"Only us."