Chapter 1: Backstory/Present

I was traveling to Los Angeles to see my great grandfather, and grandpa's graves. They were extremely close to me, and were always dear to my heart. When I was little, I always wanted to see diffent things, like a new movie state or scenery, I also loved coming home for the cooking grandma always did, mmmm delicious, and they all would be their for me, it was amazing!!

Throughout the years, my great grandfather, grandpa, and I would work on one. single. car. a 1968 Camaro. I always dreamed to race and I wanted to learn how to work on cars. They both taught me everything I know, along with my dad, and uncle josh who drag race with pro modes back in Texas. Grandpa and great grandfather were the reason I got into muscle cars, but my dad and uncle josh got me into trucks. So either was I loved any car!
Then one day, a day I'll never forget, is when I was working in the shop with my Dad and Uncle josh on my soon-to-be-drag racing truck, cowboy. My mom and Aunt Adina had come by, and told us that a man named Johnny Tran had killed them both for oweing him 30 grand. I never knew they were in debt, and if I did I would have helped them get the money. Maybe they would still be alive..

I was only 16 at the time, and now after 5 long years of waiting, with finishing school and my truck, Cowboy. I'm finally going back to get our car, and race him again. I just hope Johnny Tran was still and jail, and if he wasn't then I pray to god he won't find me.
After we landed and got off the plane, I grabbed my bags and requested to be dropped off at the cemetery, to see their graves to pay my respects, and give them my prayers. When I arrived I had some trinkets to leave them. I put a small toy car, on grandpas grave. It look similar to his favorite car. A purple 1967 Dodge Challenger. I then put another toy car on great grandfathers grave. I put a 007 mustang Mach 1. I prayed they were ok and well in heaven and left.
After I got back into the car and headed to Grandma's house, I thought of some fond memories of us together. When I arrive at her house, I find the garage askew, and somebody harassing grandma. As I walked up I overheard the guy trying to talk her into selling my car. I was furiously steaming! ,as I walked up to them both "Aye!!" I yelled as they jumped at my loud voice. I saw grandma sigh in relief out of the corner of my eye. "Who are you?!?" I asked "Oh well, I'm trying to buy this car from this hag. I saw her cleaning this car and I knew she knew nothing about it so I'm trying to buy it from her." he said smugly with a evil smirk. Grandma looked down,  and rubbed her temples, she clearly was tired and stressed.
"Well it isn't for sale, plus it's my car, so she couldn't even sell it to you" I said walking over to her, and put my hand on her shoulder gave her a reassuring smile, then looked back angrily at the arrogant man. "well, sorry sweetie, but do you even know what this has under the hood? I can tell you that you have no idea about this baby!" He exclaimed pointing the the car, as if I was stupid enough not to know what it was under the hood. "yes, in fact I do" I said as I got closer to him "how do you even know?!" He asked confused and angrily"i worked on it my whole life so back away!!" I yelled as he left, in a huff and stormed off, cursing.

"Thank you, Gabs. I was trying to get the car ready for you until he drove up to try and buy your car." she said in her Asian accent, and rubbing her temples again "it's okay, no need to worry anymore. I'll take him off your hands" I said rubbing her shoulder as I gave her a side hug. She was only 4"11 so she was easily huggable "Okay, but be safe with him." she said while waving her pointer finger at me.
When I was younger they let me name our red car, I named him Red light, due to my grandpa's, and I always running all the red lights in this car. "I'll be good, love ya" I say kissing her cheek as I grab his keys, and head to the car, start it, and revved the engine a bit. It sounded like childhood. I sighed in contentment and drove off to find a race!!