Chapter 3: The Race of surprises

Gabby's POV

I drove up to the line of cars, and took an empty slot near the middle. I was looking at the girl in the front, she was adjusting her skirt and hair. I rolled my eyes, typical girls who usually start us off. I hear a horn honking next to me. I turned my head to see a black Mitsubishi, trying to show off by revving his engine loudly, well as loud as it can get. I saw him roll down his windows, and give me the signal to roll my window down. So i did. "Hey, wanna make a bet sweet, thang" he said he had a structured jaw and brown eyes. "Maybe, what's the catch?" i asked as he smirked "You gotta give me ya car." he said as my eyes widened, I thought about losing, Red Light. But I wanted to take a chance, so I agreed "Fine, but if i win i get your car." I said as he smirked " your on......Gabby" he said as my eyes widened, how did he know my name? Then I realized who it was and my eyes got a blurred with my upcoming tears
This man, was Jhonny Tran the guy I was hoping not to see. I rolled up my window and quickly wiped my eyes. I had a bet to win and a new car in my future. the girl in front grabbed her flags as the engines began to rumble louder, she then waved the flags, and we started racing. We were neck and neck the whole time. he tried to drive me off the road when we were taking a sharp turn, but I saw him just in time before quickly dodging. he tried to hit me again and I moved a bit before he hit my tail end. But I sped up and tried to block him. As soon as he hit me, Tran activated his nitrous to catch up to me. I wanted to activate mine but I knew it was too soon. One minute after I thought it, I was now in line with Tran and the tall man, that got me through the crowded people earlier. I saw we had a small amount of strip left in the race, and I decided to hit my nitrous. I sped up and won the race!!
Excited, I jumped out of my car, and jumped up and down over my victory!! "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I shouted as people cheered

When the others arrived they looked both upset and happy. When Johnny stepped out of his car, and I put my hand out. "well, you lost, so I get your car Tran." I said and smiled as he looked down at me. Furious, he pulled a gun out and pointed it at me. My heat stopped for a second and I thought for a minute I was going to die. But the tall man from before stopped him. "what do you want Tran?" He asked in his deep voice that made my cheeks warm. "Her" he said as pushed the man out of the way and pulled the trigger, the man tried to push him back, but it only made the shot go from my chest to my arm. I felt it lodge itself in my arm but not go through. "AHHRG!" I shouted in pain as I fell to my knees holding my arm tightly, as it began to bleed profusely. "First, my Grandfathers, Now, me..WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!?!?" I yelled in tears from the pain and memories  "I want that car. Its priceless, and full of my car parts that I sold to them, and now I want to sell them again. Plus you grandads didn't pay me back so, when they tried to bargain with me, but in the end they faced the consequences, I knew one day the car would appear and here it is." he said as I started to cry harder as the bald man started to beat Johnny.

It took allot of people to get him off of Tran. "I-I need to go" I said as stood up shakily and I got in my car, and started to drive off to grandmas.
But I heard a familiar engine behind me, and headlights following me. I pulled over in an empty lot. I sat there and broke down crying. I couldn't deal with all this pain any more, even after years of them being gone, it was still very hard. The car that followed me pulled next to me and quickly got out and checked on me. "Why the hell did you drive off, your hurt god dammit." He said to me, in a worried tone. I looked at him through my tears and I was going to respond, but I only could muster one thing "What's your name?" I asked looking up at him. "I'm Dominic, but call me Dom, what about you" he replied. "Gabby" I said putting my head on my steering wheel while still crying. "All those things he said and you said.....are they true?" He asked in an sympathetic tone. I nodded, and I motioned him to get in. He opened my car door, and sat in the passengers seat. I decided to give him better details. "Yes, I was 16 at the time. I was working on my car in Texas with my dad when my mom and aunt came and told me . I was devastated. Not only did they die but my step-mom, Amy died a month before! It happens so quickly I couldn't comprehend anything. I nearly remember the funerals. All I have left is the ring from Amy, and the car I made with my grandfathers, this very car we are sitting" I said hiccuping a bit as I rubbed the steering wheel with my thumb.

I then began to hold my arm again, as the blood began dripping down my arm faster rate. Dom looked at my arm then responded. "I'm sorry, for your loss, and you know I have a car like this....it was my dads but he crashed it. I fixed it, but never drove it. Never had the balls. But you..you have guts to drive this car, when you drive this car, you drive with it's legacy and your grandfathers legacy." he said to me as I looked at him I jumped in the passengers side and hugged him tight. "T-thank you, Dom" I said as he gently wrapped his arms around me. "No problem, but now we need to deal with your arm before the bullet get further in your arm" he said as I jumped back in the drivers side.