Chapter 2: Races

Gabby's POV
           I was driving around looking for some races, when I saw some cars speed past me. They had neon lights and rap music blowing through the speakers. I quickly followed them, in hopes of maybe racing, but as I caught up they slowed down and headed towards a big race on a strip of abandoned road.
So I started to drive towards this most likely illegal race, but didn't care, cause I knew I was going to have fun, and win big money tonight.

As I pull up closer, looking for a spot to park, people stare and move away in awe at my scarlet car passed by. "Look at that car man!" I hear a guy yell out in the crowd. When I finally found a spot between a dark blue car with blue neon under trim and a black mustang, that had ripped metal painted across it.
I step out of my car, and was instantly surrounded by men. Great. I rolled my eyes at their 'flirting', and cat calling "Aye mami", "How's you doin" all those questions at once ticked me off. "BOYS!!!" I yelled in my country accent that randomly will come out. "Back off, a girl needs her space." I said as most of them disperse throughout the crowd, but a few stood a little closer than others.

When they walked off, I popped my hood to check Red lights engine one more time before they started the races. He was in perfect condition! I saw a crowd of people starting to grow "Aye! 2 grand for race entry." I hear a man yell from the crowd. I smiled and I grabbed my money from my black purse, and head over to the group of racers. Many people were rushing in to put their money in the man hand. "Anyone else?" He asked completely overlooking my small hand, maybe because everyone who is taller than me had to be in front of me. "IM IN!!" I yell trying to get passed them but having trouble because of how short I was compared to most of the men. I huffed in annoyance.
"Let the lady through!" yelled a deep voice, that made me jump a bit. A couple of people move aside to let me through. As I get to the front of the crowd, most of the men just gawk at me. "You race!?!?" Some asked me at the same time. I giggled and put my hand on my hip. "Yeah, gotta problem?" I asked sassily "Kinda, never seen you here before stranger." said a brunette headed man in a Hawaiian shirt. "Well, I just got here from Texas, hmm maybe 4 or 5 hours ago" I said as they just stood there. A Spanish man broke the silence.
"So, where's your car chica?" He asked me crossing his arms. "Over there." I said pointing to my Camaro, Red Light. Some of them grinned, others stood there ogling my car. "Okay then, I'm just gonna need your cash, and we can get the race started!" he said as I gave him my money, as he blew a loud horn, and everyone cheered. Engines were kicking, the smell of gas was in the air, as cars lined up for the first race of the night.