Discovery

A light yellow pegasus paced her living room, glancing at the passed out pony on a quickly made cot next to her bird houses. "Oh,my. What'll i do?" Angel bunny, her pet rabbit, hopped in carrying a book. "I could tell twilight, she might know what to do." Angel jumped up and down holding the book above her head. "Does this little filly need a doctor? Twilight doesn't study medicine..." The desperate rabbit pointed to the book, now very heavy from holding it so long. "I can't take care of her, fillies are too rowdy for my talents." She recollected the time she attempted to foal sit the cutie mark crusaders. "Oh my! I need to find her parents, maybe there's a missing filly report in town hall!" As Fluttershy began to head towards the door, angel finally just threw the book at her. "Huh?" The mare read the cover: "Sarah's diary". It was covered in drawings of purple flowers, rainbows, and yellow smiley faces-they were missing a snout...Sarah is probably a young Filly, Fluttershy thought. Not the best artist in town. "Where did you get this angel?" The rabbit told her in what would have looked like crazy pointing, possibly in a charades game, but Fluttershy knew what it meant. "Really? Well let's read it, we might be able to find where she came from."

The white-yellow pages were written on in not ink, but some grey marking... That was strange. And if she was so young, how could she use magic to make this precise letters? She blew her pink bangs out of the way and read.

"November 17, 2013

Whelp... I guess this is my journal. I'm Sarah, twelve years old, with no pets, divorced parents, and he sweetest boyfriend in he world. I call him my doctor because he calls me Derpy. I do love muffins. Obviously, we love MLP FIM and if you don't know what that is just turn back now.

So I never have pony dreams," that's a strange term, Fluttershy thought. "So when I had one last night I was ecstatic. I was a light blue unicorn with a bubblegum pink mane, tied up in a ponytail that was just short of the length of my neck." That sounded exactly like the filly on the bed... But why was she describing it as part of the dream if that was what she looked like already? "I looked over Ponyville, where I had just woken up in. Trixie was doing a show down there. A couple ponies (around 5) were watching. They looked so bored, yet the fact that she was actually doing those things... Making things fly? Creating objects out of thin air? It was incredible to me." That was the strangest thing so far... She was a unicorn herself, why would she be amazed by such simple tricks? Fluttershy scanned the page. It was just more about Ponyville, nothing new. Then it says she woke up-wait, woke up? From reality? Maybe this is more of the dream... She read it in more detail. No. No, it wasn't possible...

"I stretched my fingers... Put on my clothes... Two legs, not four..." Fluttershy became wide-eyed as she repeated these key lines. Now she was just talking to herself, "But..but they were just legend... The only pony who believes in them is Lyra..." Lyra. That was the only option, if fluttershy showed this to anyone else she'd be shipped to the loony bin.