A Chat and a Cape

It was two days after I met Golden. I had been excitedly watching he sunrise and sunset each night, it was so beautiful.

I still had wisps of nightmares about arguing ponies... It was not scary, but annoying, because I had to continually wash my sheets because they were covered in sweat.

I was getting in a habit of waking up earlier and staying up late to see the sun and moon. I stayed awake 12 hours if I could, watching Luna and Celestia begin their tasks. It got tiring eventually, so Troni said to pick one to watch and either sleep in or go to sleep early. I decided watching Luna's work was more fun: she played second to Celestia as far as I knew, and even if she didn't know I was watching, it was nice to have that feeling like we had some connection. Yesterday after I woke up late Troni told me I was starting school tomorrow! I grabbed an empty notebook and found out they stocked ink in the classrooms. I set my saddlebag on my table, as I had gotten more used to tossing it onto my back from Lyra's sessions.

I drifted out of sleep after another dream about those arguing ponies.... For a minute, those last words echoed in my head. "Forget she ever existed." It was kind of creepy....

Anyway, school started at noon and went until two, and according to town square's clock I should head out in around two hours. I walked downstairs and saw no breakfast. I then walked into Troni's room and found her hidden study where she did her electronic work.

"Hey, Troni?" I peeked at her from the newly installed "do not cross while working" tape (I drew a heart on it).

"Oh, just a second." She set down her ball of wires and metal and pushed away her magnifying glasses. She stood up and walked with me into the living room. "I bet you're wondering about breakfast?" I nodded silently. "Well, I decided to take us out today." She smiled. I smiled back.

"Where we goin'?" I asked, straightening up.

"Follow me!" She slipped a couple bits into her pocket (yes, they have those!) and we headed out the door. We went to a place that was none too fancy, just a fast food type thing, but it looked like the equivalent of a Foster's Freeze shop. Without the hamburgers, of course. I looked at the menu forever like I do, and decided on a simple hay shake. Troni got hay fries... There's a lot of hay here, isn't there? When we sat down to eat, I spotted Golden Crescent with, I think, his wife. I waved and got his attention, and the light purple mare he was sitting with looked almost as surprised as he was when she saw me. Man, his family is weird.

Within a couple seconds, she gave him a "are you kidding me?" Look through her crimson mane, and he gave her a "yes, now cut it!" Look and invited us to sit with them. We did and I saw her cutie mark was three cupcakes.

We chatted about school and their first days of each year. Soon, we heard the eleven chimes and I stopped gnawing on the straw to my empty shake cup. We said our goodbyes and on the way to school I grabbed my saddlebag.

"Bye Sparkle!" Troni waved goodbye and trotted off, us both confident that it would be a great day. I walked into the classroom and saw the array of nine desks. From left to right and front to back, there was Aura (periwinkle with pearl blue mane), Applebloom, Diamond tiara (yippee....), Scootaloo, Arrow (blue with navy, bow+arrow mark), Silver Spoon (inevitable), me, Sweetie Belle (YAY!), and some kid I didn't catch their name (purple with green). Cherilee gave a lesson on cutie marks, again. Jeez, does she teach anything else?

We got out to play and I watched everyone go to their respective spots. Aura and Arrow on the swings, that other kid in the sandbox, and the CMC on the merry-go-round. They spotted me, my head dropped to the ground. I peeked through my mane at them, they were whispering to eachother in the middle of the rainbow dish. I slowly walked over to them and they quickly zipped up to me with wide eyes and a grin on each face.