Chapter Six

A month passed since they slept together, with their full agendas they only had time to kiss a few times in the backstage when were alone. In the presence of their co-stars, they were acting like always, but the only thing different was that Adam was flattering Christina too much and being very kind. It was cognizable but no one gave a thought on that, they were closer, but only as friends.

“So I went fishing with my father-in-law this weekend…” Blake said. The four coaches were sitting in the meeting room, relaxing and chatting.

“Oh no! Another fishing story…” Adam jested and pretended to hang himself. Everybody laughed.

“By the way, you always say that you’re gonna take me for fishing, but you never did. You’re full of bullshit Shelton…” Christina said.

“I wanna go fishing with you too Chris, or better, I want to fish you” Cee Lo said winking and holding a mischievous smile in his face.

“Oh-my-god” Christina said haltingly. “That’s so you Cee Lo”

They conversed and laughed for a couple of minutes more, until Blake went to grab some drink and Cee Lo, to answer his phone, leaving Adam and Christina alone in the room.

“Finally…” Adam cuddled Christina and kissed her. They were already sitting next to each other.

 “Babe. No. It’s too dangerous.” She said between the kisses.

“I miss you” He said murmuring in her ears, as she got chills all over her spine. They were still making out, when Blake steps were getting strongly audible, so they stopped and got a secure distance from each other.

“Man, every time I’ll go grab a drink they put something stronger, I think I’m going to get drunk just with a swig” Blake said with his southern accent and taking a seat.

“But isn’t that what happens every time? You’re so weak that you get drunk with a bottle of beer!” Adam said.

“Adam, if I get drunk with just a beer, you get drunk with water, man, everyone talks that you’re a pussy, even Christina!” When Blake said it Adam looked right away to Christina with his eyes wide open.

“Christina, is that true? You called me a pussy?” He pressed his eyes while asking. She chocked and rolled her head back laughing.

“That’s so not true! I’ve agreed, maybe, a long time ago when Blake mentioned, but only because you really got drunk with two shots of tequila. But it was a long time ago, a long, long time…” She emphasized.

Suddenly someone entered the room, it was a tiny little person, Christina’s son, Max.

“Mommy!” He said running to Christina’s lap and hugging her.

“Hey sweetie! Who brought you here?” She said looking surprised and hugging back.

“It was Matt. He picked me up at school because Martin had a little problem with the car, and then I asked him to see you, and then he brought me here.” Max said gesturing.

“Hum… And where is him?” She asked while fixing his clothes.

“He is coming, I just ran very quick, cause I wanted to see you, mommy”

“Oh honey, I’ve been already missing you. Have you talked to Adam and Blake?” She said putting him on the ground.

“Hey, Adam!” Max greeted him with a smile and hug.

“Hey buddy, what’s up?” Adam hugged him back ruffling his hair.

Max did the same to Blake. When Matthew got into the room.