Chapter Seven

(...)

By the time he reached the car, his phone vibrated in his jean's pocket. It was a message from Christina.

Christina Aguilera: "Baby you pretend that things ain't what they seem, all this tension telling me just exactly what we should be, now I don't mind us being some kind of casual thing, listen, all I wanna do right now is have your contact on me 

Can you put your hands on my waistline 

Want your skin up against mine 

Move my hips to the baseline(...)

"Oh! If that's what you want, that's what you will get, Mrs. Xtina." Adam spoke to himself after read it.

****

Christina's POV.

"No, that is too tight, David! Get me something more comfortable, yet chic, like jeans, a blouse with a jacket..." We were in the phone. "Yes, that leather jacket will be perfect! Drop it in my house ASAP, please. Bye" I Love that David, my stylist, likes to be over the top, but sometimes I really don't feel in the temperament to wear those over-produced clothes. This Top 12 Party is going to be something to see. First because of the contestants, I'm feeling really confident with my team this year; second because I didn't speak to Adam, after the audacious message I've sent him. It's endearing that he feels jealous about me, but our relationship - if we can name this a "relationship"- has no room for this kind of feeling, specially being a trifling one.

With Max on school and Matt travelling, I have the entire house for myself. This is just what I needed, to think, relax, take a nap. With all this that happened between me and Adam, I never put really deep thoughts on, my conscious are not clear, indeed, I know this is wrong, what we are both doing with our partners. Matt is so good to me, since I ended up my marriage, he has been my strength, someone I know that I can count on, nevertheless, I don't feel for him what I felt for Jordan, or even Jorge - my exes. It's a calm and gentle love, he doesn't get me butterflies, and my heart doesn't beat fast, it's just a routine kind of love. However I don't see myself without him, anymore. Meantime, the question is: What I feel for Adam? Where this affair is going to take us?

My urge to get a drink and relax in my bathtub screams. Since I gave all the employees the day off, I have to prepare myself a drink. Feeling as tired as I am, in this instance, to get up my king sized soft and cottony bed, requires me more than strength. My bedroom is the biggest compartment of my house; here I have my closet, with all the clothes I had ever worn, my shoes, my magnificent bathroom... It's my castle and I'm the queen, no longer the princess that I used to be, and as a grown woman, I can prepare myself a good drink. I walk down the stairs, still trapped in my vague mind, as I pass my fingers in the handrail, a movie comes in my head, and the theme is my tumultuous love life. I never really had luck on that subject, I wonder if it's something I got from my mother.

To get into the kitchen I have to pass through the living room, which the long curtains covering the front windows, block the sunlight's. The room has a really glamorous touch, I enjoy old furniture and Asian sculptures. Oh no! We are running out of strawberries... I guess I'll have just pure vodka, what is the novelty? A lonely woman, drinking pure beverage, perplexed and thoughtful about her love life... Not a new thing at all.

My kitchen is a big and contemporary space, filled with family air, although I don't get to pass too much time here, just occasionally. With a bottle of vodka in my hands, I hurry to get to the stairs and head to the bathtub, since the party is at eight pm, and the clock ticking on the wall tells me that I only have 5 hours to relax.