Chapter Ten

“ADAM, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?” Christina abruptly jumped off of him.

“That you are the sexiest and most beautiful woman on earth.”

“No! You said you love me…” Her hands were upon the waist, interrogating him.

“Yeah, so what? Come on! I’ve already said that I love you a million times, you too.” He had a relaxed countenance.

“Yes… But not in this case, in this situation…” She retorted.

“Ok, I won’t love you anymore. Now, come on, let’s finish what we started.” He said trying to put an end on the discussion. The only thoughts in his mind were dirty ones.

“No! Adam!” She shouted dressing her clothes. “I think we’ve gone too far and, maybe it’s time for us to stop this. What were we thinking? This isn’t taking us anywhere, we have different lives…”

“Oh come on Christina!” He stood up. “You wanna lie to yourself, pretend you don’t feel nothing and runaway like always? DO IT! But you should know that I won’t run after you, like I did. You’re right, maybe this is a mistake, let’s pretend it never happened then.” He dressed up and left the room without even looking into her eyes. She was motionless, his statements took her by surprise.

Christina’s POV

I am a bit fatigued of all these party awards. In the beginning of my career, as a musician, it was pure magic, all the flashlights, the dresses, the people… Was my favorite moment, however, with time, it became the same thing. But this AMA’s is going to be different. He will be there, and I am going to perform, our song. Not a word, not a look, after we ended, he doesn’t return my calls. I can’t blame him, I’m the unwise. The one that runs away from someone that is so gentle, so honest, and lovable, must be stupid. Nevertheless, what I feel for him wasn’t clear, until he left me, I was able to realize, that he is a piece of me.

End of Christina’s POV

Christina’s performance was splendid, but she could only look at one face in the crowd, Adam’s. At the time she reached backstage, she pressed the “Send” button. It was a message to Adam: “Come to my bs ASAP, or I’ll go after you wherever you are, in front of everybody, I don’t care. You have 5 minutes to get here.”

After twenty minutes, she was about to give up, no sign of Adam. Yes, he gave up on us, I’m so stupid, oh God, I must be the stupidest creature… Her thoughts were interrupted by the door.

“Christina?” It was his voice. She could feel her heart accelerated.

“Come in”

“Look, I only came here because of your threats. I don’t have anything to say to you” He stayed close to the door, with pressed jaw and tough look. He was irate.

"Yes, I know. But I have something to say…” She got closer to him, the angry mien he tried to hold, was gone. “You were right, all along! I run away from my feelings for you, I do… But only because it fucking scares me. You make me feel like a teenager, like I’m living love for the first time all over again, you give me chills, you make me feel anxious, and when you look to me after we make love and say I’m the most beautiful woman in the world, I lose ground, and I want that moment to last forever, because I know that in the another minute we have to go to our reality, and I don’t wanna go. I love you the way I never knew I could, and that scares the hell out of me, but I realize I cannot fight anymore, and I don’t wanna fight.”

The silence was deafening, all the kind of thoughts ran through her head. Until he closed the eyes and took a long breath.

“You know, you’re so hot in this dress.” He smiled and pulled her into an embrace “But I can’t wait to get you out of it” She laughed and stood on tip toe to start a kiss.

“I love you…” He whispered in her ears. She grinned.

“I love you too”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is a little short, but I hope you like it! xx