Chapter 29

Ariel P.O.V <3

Vale and Vic showed up like 5 hours after we arrived to the hospital. Her ring is so beautiful I'm honestly jealous and Vic looks like the happiest man on earth.

Thinking back, I can't believe we stayed in touch after highschool. From what I heard, you lose touch of your friends when you're away from them.

I gave the guys my apartment key, so all of them can relax and come early before he goes in surgery. So right now I'm on the uncomfortable chair and watching some old boring movie that they have in the tiny tv.

It's past 2 in the morning and Bruce is still not asleep. Every time I look at him he looks like he's lost in space. I would be to if I had found out I had a tumor as big as a baseball. I wouldn't know what I would do.

I look back at him and see that he's laying on he's side and staring out the open window. We are in the city of Sacramento and there's really a lot of lights from the building and it looks beautiful.

I get up and make my way towards the bed. Well waddle to the bed. I climbed on and look over his shoulder and he still doesn't know I'm next to him. So I lay down on my side and hug him from behind.

He tensed up real fast then I saw his neck looked down and saw my arms. He relaxed and continue to stare out the window. I didn't want to bother him so I laid my head on his back.
We stayed like this for some time just enjoying each other's president and hearing our steady breathes and the low voices from the tv. I started to draw random things on his back but stopped to what he said.

"Do you think I would die?" He asked in almost a whispered.

I froze from drawing and my heart started to beat faster.

"W-what?" I said but I knew what he had asked but I didn't want to believe it. He turned around and he was laying on his other side and looking me in the eyes. I saw his eyes a little glossy but I thought it was me because my eyes started to get glossy.

"What if I die from the surgery? What if I don't wake up? What if I can't be there when you give birth? What i-" I pressed my finger to his lips to make him quite.

"Stop with the what ifs. I believe you going to get in there and come back looking at me and saying 'I did it.' I don't want you to be in there and the doctor to come out and saying my boyfriend d...d-died. I want to see you breathing, I want to see your eyes. I want to see that beautiful smile. I want to see the father of our kid come out tumor free and live a happy life together. Ok" I said and he looked at me and put his hands up to my cheeks and whipped the tears that fell out.

"But that's the thing. What if I did all this surgery for nothing? What if I gave all you hopes that I'll come out with my eyes open and telling you I'm ok, but don't show up breathing? I want to make it Ariel. I really do. But I don't think I have the strength to do it." He said while looking down and avoiding my eyes.I lifted up his face with my hands and stared into his eyes.

"Do it for me,do it for the baby,for us. I want you to fight for everything that you have right now, fight for what you want to do, fight for your life Bruce, fight because once you lose there's no second chances on this, fight for your very last breath, I want you to fight for me." I said while searching his face. He looked at me in the eyes then crashed his lips on mine.

He pulled away before I can react, but his words made me kiss him again.

"I will fight for you. I will fight for my family."

*****

It turned 8 and me Bruce haven't slept yet,and me and Bruce we're just talking about names for the baby still. I wanted to distract him from his surgery he's supposed to go at 8:30. All of the guys came back and everyone is scared and nervous for him but aren't showing it. Dylan and Vince is making everyone laugh but Vince is trying to make Paulina laugh more.

"Bruce are you ready." Dr. Clark asked from the door. Everyone turned to him and he paled. He only nodded and then the nurses came in and started to put the IV in and a nitrous oxide gas mask on him. They wheeled him out of the room and I saw he had something in his hand. I followed him till the surgery doors were right in front of me.

"Wait." I looked down at Bruce and saw him pulled down he mask.

"What's wrong?" I asked and looked at him with a confused face. He started to get out of the bed and I tried to push him back but he came off and looked at me in the eyes.

"Nothing's wrong, but... I have to do something before I go through those doors." He said while getting on one knee in front of me. I gasped and I was shocked and had my mouth wide open and my eyes turn glossy.

"I know this is not really romantic, but I want to ask you if you would want to be my wife. The wife that would take care of our child. The wife that will give birth. The wife I can kiss. The wife I want to see every minute of my life. The wife I want to have more kids to. The wife I come home to and see her wearing the wedding ring I got her. The wife I see walking down the aisle in her beautiful white wedding dress. The wife I would cry to when I see how beautiful she is when she is in that white dress. The wife I would spend the rest of my life with. The wife I hold every night. The wife I can't see without. The wife I want to spend the rest of life with. So Ariel." He said while opening the black box that he had in his hands, and showed a beautiful big diamond in the middle surrounded by smaller diamonds.
"Would you do the honor, and become my wife? I want to spend the rest of life with and I can't imagine myself with another women expect you. So would you marry me Ariel?"

I didn't answer only jumped on him and kissed him. I heard in the background that all of the guys and the girls were cheering and even some nurses cheered on. I broke apart and smiled at him.

"I guess that means yes." He said while smiling and looking down at me. I looked up and him and went to my tippy toes and pecked his lips again.

"Yes Bruce. I would love to be your wife." I said while smiling and he smiled while showing me his white teeth. He pulled out the ring and grabbed my left hand and slid the ring on. It fit perfect and once it was on I kissed him again.

Once we broke apart he said he loves me and climbed back on the bed and put the gas mask back on.

"Okay. I'm ready." He said while looking at me.

"I love you." I said while he got rolled away.

Never once did his smile go away after I said I would be his wife. Once the doors closed the last thing I saw was his smile.

My fiancées smile.

*******

YASSSSS THERE ENGAGED!!!!! Finally. And sorry guys if I posted late. School started and now I have to do this all after school and practice. I'm in volleyball to, so updates might be late for now on. But any way see you guys soon!!!!

[ Ima be right back, I need....tissues]

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon!!
SS

Anyway see you guys soon!!SS