Middle of nowhere

The three of you landed in a wasteland a while away from where you were, and you gently shook Gohan awake.
"Aunt (y/n)... Where's daddy?"
You looked at him sadly.
"He's gone Gohan"
Your nephew started to cry, and tears pricked your eyes.
"He'll be back, I assume your friends are already gathering the dragon balls" Piccolo said.
Gohan looked scared
"Why are we with him?"
"He's going to help us train"
Gohan started going on about how 'but I can't fight!' 'Out here!' 'What about my homework'
You almost fainted when Piccolo said "leave you out here for six months"
"Are you nuts! He's four! No way we can leave him out here!" You shouted
"If he can prove he can live on his own for six months, then he can withstand my training." He said simply, like it was the easiest thing in the world.
"No!"
"It isn't up to you" he snarled, and you took a step back, fully aware of what he could do to you.
You turned to Gohan, who had tears in his eyes, and crouched down.
"I believe in you Gohan."
"B-but I can't stay out here by myself."
"You are stronger than any boy I've ever seen, way stronger that I was at your age. And trust me, I'll be watching. I may not be able to talk to you, but I promise you if I think you can't handle it I'll be there." You kissed his forehead and stood.
"Come one, we have training of our own" Piccolo said gruffly, flying the other direction. You took one last look at Gohan before flying off.

When the two of you landed it was nearly dark, so you decided to start a fire. You cut twigs with the knife you always carried, it was a survival knife with flint and steel, and a compass.
"What are you doing?" Piccolo asked
"Starting a fire, humans need heat to live" you mumbled
You began to see stars, as there was no light pollution and the sky was clear. The fire set a warm glow on the space around you. You noticed that Piccolo was rather handsome, not that you would tell him that...
"Training starts tomorrow" Piccolo stated "you need as much as you can get with as weak as you are"
Something inside you burned red.
"I'm not weak. And you know what? I shouldn't have to deal with this. I should be at home with comforting my brothers widow and helping take care of my nephew, but where am I? In the middle of nowhere with my brothers worst enemy, who just happens to be the one that killed him! I just left a 4 year old by himself for gods sake! Now I have to train for a year to try and save the world from two aliens trying to end it, but I guess I shouldn't say that because I learned, hey guess what, you're an alien too!" You shouted, birds flying from the bushes around you.
"Are you done?" He asked
You sighed
"Yes, I'm sorry."
You didn't expect him to respond, so you laid down on the ground, close enough to feel the heat from the small fire, and closed your eyes.
"Goodnight"