Crash course

Days seemed to blur together, and before you knew it you had spent five months training with Piccolo.
It was simple, and honestly you loved it. Not worrying about anything but training and finding food. Stars at night, beautiful surroundings, and someone you had got to know quite well.
Unless you started thinking about why you were training, but you tried not to.
You had a wild boar roasting over a fire, a small one but difficult to catch none the less.
You cut of a piece of the meat and offered it to the tall man.
"I told you before, I don't need to eat." He said
"Yes, but from what I can see you have a tongue, and in extension taste buds, which means you can still enjoy food. Try it" you stated him down until he took it, because he knew you wouldn't stop bothering him about it.
He took a cautious bite and chewed slowly, as it was a foreign experience for him.
"Not bad" he said and you knew that meant he liked it.
A bright smile took over your face and you ate some of your own.
"Just wait, when this is all over and I have the proper supplies, I'll cook you a real meal. Don't want to brag, but Goku and Gohan have told me I make some amazing desserts." You said
"When this is over?" He asked
"Well yeah, you think that after I'm stuck with you for a year that I'm just going to go home and never speak to you again? Nah" you said playfully, and you completely missed the small smile on his face.
"I can't wait until we get Gohan"

~

"Gohan!" You yelled, searching for over an hour now.
"Where could he be?" You were starting to panic.
"Calm down, search for his energy"
You closed your eyes for a moment and opened them quickly
"He's near home!" You took of into the air without waiting for him.
You found Gohan in the woods, near the house and you landed and broke into a run.
"Gohan!" You yelled after him.
He turned around and jumped to you, and you hugged him close as you could.
"Look at you!" You said, releasing him "you got so big, and got some muscle"
You poked his arm and he laughed, then looked behind you.
Piccolo had landed and grunted
"Come on, we need to train" he turned and flew off again.
Gohan climbed onto your back and you took off after him, laughing at how impatient he is.
"So aunt (y/n), tell me the truth, how bad is Mr. Piccolo?"
You laughed at the question and said "he's not that bad, but you have to warm up to him. Luckily you have six months to do that"

~

The first week went... Rough.
Apparently Gohan couldn't dodge very well.....
But aside from that, he was doing better than you thought.
"Ok Gohan, you need to learn how to fly" Piccolo was saying, you were sitting with your back against a large rock, as you normally did when Piccolo was training Gohan one on one.
"Usually it takes weeks or months to learn, but we don't have that much time, so we'll settle for a crash course"
He grabbed Gohan and led him to a cliff.
"What?" Gohan asked, and you jumped to your feet.
"The idea came from you you know, you said that this is how birds learn to fly"
"Yes but my text books say a majority of them die from the fall-"
"I'd say the odds are in your favor"
"But-"
Piccolo dropped him.
You gasped and ran over
"What the hell are you doing!"
"Teaching him how to fly" he said, as if it was so simple.
"But what if he doesn't!"
"He will"
You look down and Gohan was still falling.
You jumped over the edge and got right next to him.
"Gohan you can do this!" You called and he stopped yelling, concentrating.
Just as you thought you'd have to catch him, he stopped. He opened his onyx eyes and smiled
"I'm flying! I did it!"
You laughed out of relief and said "yes you did"

A little later, Gohan had gone into the cave for the night, you marched right up to Piccolo.
"What the hell were you thinking? Why would you do that?"
"It worked didn't it?"
"Yes, but what if I wasn't there, what if he didn't make it? He could have died"
"But he didn't"
Your face went red with rage "but he could've! You should have at least told me! I could've sat at the bottom. But no, instead you just thought 'everyone is as perfect as I am, I'll just drop this five year old off a cliff and see what happens'!"
He growled slightly
"I don't need you telling me how to train him"
"He's my nephew! I sure as hell can and will tell you how to train him!"
He lifted his hand and slapped you across the cheek.
You froze, sure he has hit you plenty of times training, but this wasn't training. Your guard was down, and it hurt like hell. You looked him straight in the eye before turning around and jogging until you couldn't see him anymore.
You were surrounded by rocks, and you drove your fist into one.
It hurt, but you were so mad that you didn't care. You kept punching the rocks around you until you got so fed up that you sent out an energy blast, successfully turning them all into rubble.

Back at the cave Gohan saw the light from your blast and walked next to Piccolo.
"If you don't stop her she's going to wear herself out. It happened once when she and daddy got into a fight" he said, looking at the taller male.
He sighed and nodded, sending Gohan back to the cave and heading in your direction.
He saw you sitting on the ground, breathing hard and surrounded by crushed rocks.
He noticed your knuckles were bleeding and it made him slightly concerned.
"You're bleeding" he said
"I noticed"
He crouched next to you and used his 'clothes beam' to make some bandage wrapping, and began to wrap your hands.
You looked at him curiously, because even though it's been almost seven month with him he hasn't actually opened up or showed much emotion towards you. Unless it was anger or frustration.
"I should have told you, and I shouldn't have hit you" he said quietly, uncertainly as if he was struggling with the words.
"Damn right" you said seriously
"Damnit I'm trying to apologize here (y/n)"
"That's not what sorry sounds like" you were grinning at this point, he had never tried to apologize before
He just growled and you laughed
"I might have over reacted, but it just scared me. I'm supposed to keep him safe and..."
You trailed off and he sighed
"I will try, to the best of my ability, to keep him safe. Both of you"
You thought your heart would physically melt. He has changed so much, you realized, from when you first came out here.
"Well no wild animals have eaten me yet, so you've done pretty well" you said, grinning lopsidedly
He gave a small smirk and finished bandaging your hands.
"Sorry" he said quietly, softly brushing the new formed bruise on your cheek
"It's ok, I've had worse"