Training

You watched him from a distance, not completely sure what he was doing.
"I can feel you watching, stop" he said, low voice rumbling across the distance.
"What are you doing?" You asked
"Meditating, now quite"  
You were curious, you'd seen people meditate but had never tried it yourself.
Sneaking closer to him, although you were sure he knew you were there, you floated to hover right next to him. Crossing your legs and arms, copying him, you closed your eyes.
"That's wrong" Piccolo said quietly.
"What?"
"You need to clear your mind, don't think about anything. It's easiest to pay attention to your breathing or heartbeat" he explained and you nodded, though his eyes were closed so he didn't see
Closing your eyes again and focused on your breathing, relaxing and clearing your mind. You were completely relaxed when suddenly your stomach dropped, and your butt hit the ground.
"Ouch!" You jumped up and rubbed your bottom
"How do you stay floating like that?!"
If you didn't know better you'd say there was a small, amused smile on his face.
"Practice"
You groaned
"Enough of that. Let's spar"
You smirked
"I almost beat you yesterday"
"Almost isn't a win. But you're right, so let's kick it up a notch"
You didn't like the sound of that, or the look on his face.
He started screaming, like he was powering up, and then he had two heads.
Oh shit.
There was two Piccolos.
"Oh come one, I can barely handle being around one of you. Two?" You tried your best at verbal jabs to hide your nervousness.
The two just grinned and before you knew it they were both charging at you. You jumped into the air, avoiding a fist to the face.
Your only hope was blocking, trying to figure a pattern to their hits. Managing a hit to ones jaw sent him flying, leaving you with the one repeatedly aiming for your stomach. Sensing a power behind you just fast enough to move down and let the second Piccolo hit the first, crashing together with enough force to hurt.
They look down at you and your eyes widen and they both shoot energy blasts at you, turning into one ball of energy.
With not enough time to move you put your arms up to catch the collective blast. You screamed, the force of the blast burning your arms and face. Pushing against it with as much force as you could manage.
A brief glance to the side and you caught the sight of Piccoli, now one person, with a look of concern on his face. You could feel the energy draining from your body, but you pushed harder, yelling louder until the ball of energy shot the other way, blasting into the sky.
Your breathing was hard and heavy, your arms and face had scratches and small burns. Falling to a sitting position on the ground you shook with strain.
Quiet footsteps came up behind you and you saw a pair of orange shoes and felt a pair of arms scoop you up.
"You did good" he said
"That was a good warm up" you mumbled and you felt a small laugh rumble from his chest. "You know if I didn't know better I'd say you were going soft, carrying me like this, showing emotion and kindness"
You look at through half closed eyes
"Shut up, I will drop you" he said harshly
There he is.
"Oh don't be like that. The smile looked good on you"
Your head was dizzy, and you really didn't know what you were saying.
"The suns going down, we're done for today" you heard him grumble
He set you down on the cave floor and resumed his normal position leaning against the cave wall.
"You have to teach me to meditate tomorrow" you mumbled
He knew you were half asleep and probably wouldn't remember half of this tomorrow, but he grunted and said "sure thing"
________

You woke with a start, looking around frantically. The last thing you remembered was being picked up from the ground. It was dark outside still but the fire lit the cave.
Wait, fire?
You hadn't started one last night. Looking to the side you saw Piccolo still asleep (or as he called it a 'meditative state' because 'he doesn't need to sleep')
Your face softened and a small smile graced your lips. He had started a fire for you, he surely didn't need one. You realized that you probably wouldn't be able to fall back asleep so, quietly as possible, you walked out of the cave into the night air.
Looking at the sky full of white lights you smiled bigger and wondered how the others were doing.
Surely they were training, right? Krillin, Yamch, Tien, Chiaotzu, they would be preparing as well right?
You smiled at the thought of your family. Yes your family may not be by blood, but it was family nonetheless.
You remembered when training was fun, purely for the purpose of testing your limits and seeing how far you could go.

"Ow! Yamcha that's cheating!" You yelled, you weren't any more than seven.
"Oh come on pipsqueak, I know you can handle more than that."
He laughed and so did the people watching from the beach.
"Come on sis you can do it!" Goku yelled and Krilling whooped
You smiled and turned back to Yamcha, ready to wipe the smile off his face.

Snapped from your memory you smiled and took off into the sky. It had been a while since you checked on Gohan.
A faint glow of a fire from a cave told you where to land. You peeked into the cave to find your nephew curled up by the fire.
You tiptoed into the cave and crouched next to him.
Math problems were written on the ground.
You still wondered how a five year old did algebra, but you smiled anyway. Kissing his forehead and standing you looked around, he seemed to be doing well.
One last look into the cave and you took off back to your own camp.
Sneaking back into the cave you put a few minutes sticks in the fire and laid down, using your arm as a pillow.
He watched from his corner until your breathing became steady and he was sure you were asleep.
"That boy is as much of his aunt as he is his father, you don't need to worry about him"