CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

"You're still the only alpha I'm comfortable with to be around."

Two weeks pulling an all-nighter, piles of notes and tons of coffees and energy drinks later, Jimin is a proud top ranker of the campus for this semester, again. He allows himself a small smile as he stares proudly at his name written atop the bulletin board, claiming the number one spot yet again. His hard work pays off. And knowing that those sleepless nights, rejected dinners and postposed movie marathons with the Kim brothers was worth it. He'll just make up for it later.

He maneuvers himself out of the crowd, ignoring the hungry eyes and malicious whistles of the alphas, whispers of insult and jealousy from omegas and words of judgment about his scent from both. It's only the betas that don't care about all these because their status is the closest to the likes of humans.

It has always been like this and he's used to it by now. He should be used to it by now. Just that the case was, he's not.

He's one of the most beautiful and intelligent omega of their generation, they said. And that's always been a plus and useful when it comes to academe. He always excels in whatever he does. He's good at whatever he does. He's one of the most hardworking you'll ever meet. He always does his best. He's the best. He's almost perfect. His intelligence could be classified of those who have eidetic memories in humans.

It's just that, in this world, nobody's perfect. And it's the truth. Because just like everyone else, Jimin's also flawed.

He's unfortunately uncommonly feisty for his status. Also very independent that half of his generation hated. They don't like the fact that he excels in this and that because he's an omega. They don't want to accept the fact that he's good at whatever he does. They can't believe he's an owner of that kind of intelligence and beauty. Most of them don't appreciate his existence in that way.

He's an omega, they say, and should act like one.

It's just that, he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to stick in that stereotype of his status.

And also, about his scent. Part of their bitterness against him is because of his scent—or rather, the scent he's always wearing. Most of the alphas hate the fact that he's unmated yet has the privilege to walk freely and confidently in front of them with no fear. Most of the omegas hate the fact that he's unmated yet wears such kind of scent; salty beach of summer and fresh lavender, a tinge of musk on the edge.

It's not like it's his fault though. These wolves just don't know anything but are still quick to assume and judge him. It's not his fault that the owner kind of doesn't want to let him wander alone in the campus without him wearing the scent. He's never asked for this so it's not his fault. They should know it's not his fault. But whatever, for all he cares. Now he's done with their judgment he's actually kind of enjoying the way the omegas will glare at him because of his scent and alphas that will growl whenever they recognized the boundary.

The vibrations of his cellphone in his jeans' back pocket halt him in his steps, fishing the electronic and smiling a little at the messages.

From: Your Alpha :)

Usual table, Minnie. Double time, I'm hungry.

From: Your Beta :)

I know you did something excellent again so I've got your favorite, Minnie.