CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

"You must be Park Jimin."

"Do you want to maybe come over later after class?" Jimin starts hesitantly, struggling in keeping up his pace with the other's long strides. "I have to do some grocery later for my practice baking. You know, don't wanna end up blowing microwave in class and you could be my taster, can't afford poisoning Ms. Ailee with my toxic cookies." He tries to joke to somehow lighten the mood—which is unusual since Jimin is never one to make attempts of jokes, it's more of the Kim brothers forte—but the words seem to fall in pair of deaf ears.

Jimin's smile falters at the deafening response, or lack thereof. He sighs in resignation, set his lips in thin line to avoid spitting any more words, and letting his mind drift off somewhere far from his current situation.

Then suddenly, his nose is hurting when his face bumped onto a broad back that smells of salty summer beach and fresh lavender with a hint of irritation lingering at the edges. It's faint, but there nonetheless. Jimin silently reels back at the unfamiliarity of it.

He looks up, meeting cold eyes in response; the sight too unfamiliar that has his inner wolf pacing with unease.

"I have to finish an essay later. Sorry, I think I can't go," was the clipped answer.

Jimin visibly deflates at the words, shoulders sagging.

Frankly, he's lost. He doesn't understand what was happening. One moment they're fine and the next they're not, and that he doesn't know exactly why. He doesn't know what he had done to deserve such cold treatment. But he's sure he must have had done something somewhere along the way for Taehyung to act like this towards him.

His alpha friend rarely ignores him, or avoids him, or makes him feel unwanted. And it has been two years since he's last acted like this—that one time when he had told about Yoongi, on why his uniform was smelt like the beta. And that time, it had only taken a side hug and permission to scent him for them to be okay. But now, it has been two days. Two days. That's a record; that's something.

And Taehyung, the ever sweet alpha, had never stayed mad at him for more than 5 minutes, tops. So what possibly had gone wrong for him to act like this towards Jimin? What Jimin had done wrong? He just doesn't understand.

He wanted to ask the boy just so to finally clear this mess, but every time he tries, only clipped and one liner answers were the responses that leave no room for another set of conversation. Jimin doesn't want to believe the small part in his mind that was slowly giving up, eating his self-esteem away and leaving gapes and holes of insecurity, but Taehyung is obviously shutting him out.

Maybe, the alpha's patience had finally wears out. Maybe, he's finally done with Jimin's uncommonly independent nature and insensitive feistiness. Maybe, Taehyung's just done with Jimin. Period.

Well, no one is permanent, isn't it?

Jimin release a shaky breath, lowering his eyes as he finally nods his head slowly. "It's fine," he says quietly, taking a step back in preparation to leave for his own class. "I have to go now. My class will start in five."

And just like that, they parted ways.

He ignores the howl of his wolf and the throbbing headache that follows.

-----

Jimin is clearly not in the mood for tolerance right now. But he has to endure the fifteen other scents inside the room all for the sake of his grades. He's not about to let some lame cooking class to stain his flawless records. Just never.