CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

"We don't know him. What are you talking?"

Jimin flinched in his sleep when he feels a large hand brushed against his back, eyes opening and blinking as he felt his inner wolf suddenly standing on alert. His olfactory seems to function well even through his still semi-unconscious state (thankfully), immediately recognizing the smell of cold rose tea and summer waves mixed in salty beach and fresh lavender around him and hitting his nose, tense slowly lifting off his body with the familiarity. He sighs, shuffling on the soft and rather too comfortable warm space and lying flat on his back, vision focusing on the white-bone painted ceiling.

He tried not to think about it, but as soon as his mind cleared from the foggy haze, the memory from yesterday immediately swims inside his head, images of lopsided smile and dark eyes full with bad intentions, the sound of the obnoxious laugh in his ears, the imposing tone, the nasty words, and the painful gripped on his shoulders flashing in front of his eyes like a slideshow. It still sends his body trembling from the inside.

"Hey." He whips his head to the side, seeing his alpha friend peering on him between sleepy eyes. "Why are you already awake?" His voice is still husky from the sleep, rough and lower than usual from the lack of use.

Jimin scoots a tad bit closer, seeking warmth, tucking his hands—that were now drowning in the sleeves of sweater he's wearing—in the space between their chests. "Just... I am always an early riser, you know that."

There's a low hum of, "Sure." A sound he's sure is only there to humor him.

"Yeah?" he breathes, followed by a brief moment of still silence.

"You're thinking about it, right?" One of Taehyung's hands move on his head, carding his messy hair softly and almost lulling him back to sleep. Jimin's silently thankful the boy didn't lay a hand on him direct on his skin because he's not sure he could stop himself from flinching. Or worse, leaping out of the bed and run to the safety of his own pad.

He remained silent, though; opting on burrowing his face onto the other's shoulder, the lean muscle warm against his forehead.

Yesterday had been hell.

He ended up sobbing pathetically on Taehyung's chest, two strong arms caging his shaking frame and familiar scent grounding him. The alpha had been patient on him, like the usual; rocking their bodies in an attempt to calm him and his omega down, sweet assurances of safety whispered through his hair, and not minding how he'd been a total mess. Whether he doesn't want to admit it, the event had totally scared the wits out of him, filthy words eating his sanity.

He was just lucky it had been late in the afternoon that not a single soul still loiters around the hallway, or else, he sure was doomed. He couldn't afford of anyone witnessing him in that state; it was against the image he'd been portraying for years—and he was determined to keep it that way.

It took him almost half an hour before he finally calmed down, his inner wolf exhausted. Taehyung had walked them both to his and his brother's shared apartment a few blocks down from the campus, arms wrapped around his tired body. It was already dark when they finally reached the apartment with no question or any words that could possibly lead them to the topic. Jimin was silently thankful.

Taehyung let him sit on the couch for another 10 minutes by himself, alone, the alpha disappearing to his own room and reappearing once again with a new pair of sweater and sweatpants in hand that he owned; gently asking Jimin to take a shower because it would help him feel better. Jimin knows it's true, but partly of it was because the rogue alpha's scent was threatening Taehyung's own alpha. He just couldn't tell it directly to him and Jimin appreciates his way because he's certainly does not want to remember that rebel alpha. The scent had clung onto his clothes and skin, faint but still there. The smell made him sick down to the stomach. He'd never had someone else's scent on him beside his own and the Kim brothers; and having someone else's, an unfamiliar at that, made him feel disgusting.