CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Hi, everyone.

This is not my official comeback chapter but since it's quarantine I decided to visit this account and write. I've been reading other's works and watching movies or series. I can't promise I'll be back but I suddenly missed writing and so I visited this story. It'll be really hard for me to get back on track but I wanna try little by little.

I've read all of your encouraging messages and I am happy to know that a lot of you still finds this story worth reading. Thank you so much. I hope all of you are safe and healthy. We'll all get through this pandemic.

This chapter is not much and the style is a bit rush from middle to the end, but I hope you all enjoy this :)

***

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"You're the one who saved me, right?"

"Are you out clearing your mind, Jungkook?" Hoseok's words still echo in his ears, remembering how he's let the question hang in between them unanswered.

The whole conversation with the omega this morning had started with "have you eaten breakfast?" and when he answered no, he heard Namjoon's voice in the background asking him to get up and join them because the omega had prepared a lot more than two people could consume. Jungkook politely rejects the offer, telling the couple he's already out in the woods.

He's not lying when he said he's expected the ear-piercing scream of omega from the other side of the electronic device when he said he's by himself before he ended the call. Jungkook understands and appreciates Hoseok's concern because he's still fairly new to the place; he may be an alpha but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be pounced by rogues especially that he's alone.

Jungkook finally found the riverbank after what felt like forever, forcing his hind legs to run a little faster as he approaches where he had left his things lying on the grass this morning; a sling bag, a pair of pants and shoes, underwear and a shirt, the trees and greens going blurry behind him at the speed he is going.

It's getting dark, Jungkook belatedly realizes as he slows down, his huge black paws creating a loud thudding sound under him. He has been out since dawn, running around the clearing aimlessly and enjoying the cool air of the approaching winter, only stopping to eat fruits and drink water. He has been in his wolf form the whole day, a little more than 12 hours maybe, since he had shifted, and it has been the longest since he moved to this place.

It feels really nice.

When was the last time he had shifted to his wolf form? Has it already been a week? Oh, yes it has. It's when he had an encounter with a certain orange-haired omega in the woods, unexpectedly. Or was it?

---

The first time Jungkook came around his new school was, not to be exaggerated but, hectic. The school admin secretary wouldn't leave him alone, even going as far as talking to the school director--which was his father--to remind him about his school transfer requirements. He has to contact his previous school abroad almost every single day of that week to remind them to ship his documents to his new address as soon as possible. It's not like his father cannot do the job done for him but he wanted to do all the work by himself since he has been doing that living abroad alone for the last few years.

It was a particularly bad day for him when he accidentally discovers the secret path into the forest of their town. He was trying to tour himself around the campus alone, walking around the school premises aimlessly until his feet unconsciously brought him to the outside border of the property. New to the place and curious as he was, he surveys his surroundings first, making sure no one was there except for him. And when he deems it safe, he enters the small gate and the rest was history.