A Broken Past Can Be Mended With Care and Love

Ozpin pov

It's been almost a year since the incident where we lost an amazing team. They were sent on a mission too hard for them and it was my fault. I killed my beloved students and I can't forgive myself.

Glynda: "Um Ozpin you might want to take a look at this... Its (Y/n) he's still alive." She said as I stared at her in disbelief.
Ozpin: "Where is he?"
Glynda: "He's outside the academy in the forest. Should I go get him?"
Ozpin: "No I will I need to apologize to him anyway." I said getting up grabbing my cane walking briskly out of my office and Beacon. I felt people were following but I didn't care I had to confirm it was (Y/n).
Ruby: "Ozpin where you heading?"
Pyrrha: "Yes headmaster where are you going in such a hurry?"
Ozpin: "Sorry girls don't have time to explain I have to meet someone." I said rushing to the forest.

(Y/n) pov

I stood at the edge of the forest like Mrs.Goodwitch instructed me to. I was surprised she recognized me I mean my hair was a lot longer than when she last saw me. I had grown half a beard and I looked terrible. But I sat down waiting patiently for someone to show up.
Ozpin: "(Y/n) is it really you?" I heard him ask me as I turned my head to him and smiled a little.
(Y/n): "Yes headmaster it's me alright reporting from the Grimm extermination mission as a failure... I tried my best to help them I tried to save them but they made me get away... I failed as their leader..." I said punching the ground as I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Ozpin: "No you tried your best that's all we ever ask for its my fault for letting you take that mission... I'm sorry I killed everyone and I havent been able to forgive myself since then..."
(Y/n): "Sir please I am... Was the leader its my fault so I am taking the blame and a shower if you can supply one that is... And maybe a hair cut?" I said chuckling softly as we both smiled and he helped me up. When I looked behind him I saw two girls one with black hair tipped red and one with pure red. I waved at them slightly before me and Ozpin went back with them following.
Ruby: "So who are you? I'm Ruby Rose leader of team RWBY."
Pyrrha: "And I'm Pyrrha Nikos second in command for team JNPR its a pleasure to meet you."
(Y/n): "I'm (f/n) (l/n) I used to be a leader until a year ago, but we took a mission we shouldn't of and I'm all that remains. Do you two know why first years can't take certain missions?" I asked as I watched them nod in response. "My team is the reason for that rule... They died during a extermination mission that was bigger than we were expecting so when word got out my team died Ozpin made that rule. I only this cause word travels about Beacon and news going on there. Now if you two ladies will excuse me I need to shower, shave, and get a hair cut." I said waving bye as I went along my way.

Time skip 2 days

(Y/n): "Now that is better clean shaven, shorter hair, and I don't smell like Ursa breath. Now I need to go to my dorm..." I said walking to the closed dorm but when I arrived there were the two girls from before. "Hey Ruby and Pyrrha right?" I asked as they nodded staring at me. "Yeah shocking I clean up pretty well don't I?" I said chuckling as I approached the door opening it. When I entered I gestured for them to follow as I flipped on the lights seeing the place extremely dusty. "This will not do... Revert!" I said snapping my fingers activating my semblance. In a flash the room was spotless and exactly as I remember it the day I left. The girls gasped as I smiled flopping on my bed. "Go on make yourselves comfortable don't worry you can't upset anyone." I said with a slight tone of hurt towards the end as they sat beside me causing me to sit up.
Ruby: "Do you want to talk about it or?"
Pyrrha: "I mean if you dont want to that's fine as well we don't want you forcing yourself for us."
(Y/n): "No I can talk about it don't worry... It was almost a year ago we went to a forgotten part of the city far away. Apparently a lone tribe was being hunted by mass amounts of Grimm so we rushed there. But when we arrived they instantly attacked us we fended them off as best as we could. But with every Grimm slain two took its place and soon we were overrun. I tried to get my team out using myself as a distraction but the Grimm weren't having it... They murdered my best friend before our eyes and I flew into a fit of rage. I was drenched in their guts when I was done with everything... I was the sole survivor of the mission. I wiped every last one of them out but at the cost of my friends... And that's a burden I carry to this day... I remember their faces when I sleep and I cry... I lament and mourn them unable to forgive my weakness..." I said wiping my eyes of the tears forming as the girls were quiet.
Ruby: "I don't think they want you to be burden by their deaths... I think they want you to live on for them and fulfill your dreams. I mean if I died I want people to live on for me." She said as I watched Pyrrha nod in agreement. "And besides for a ghost of the past your pretty cute..." She mumbled at the end as I blushed looking down. Soon I felt both of them lay their heads on my shoulders making me look at them.
Pyrrha: "There were stories about you and your team. The strongest first year students to be at Beacon. Everyone had something amazing about them. Especially you apparently your nickname was..."
(Y/n): "The dragon of wrath... Yup that was me."
Ruby: "And people always said different things about how you looked and such. But one thing stayed true you were handsome, and had clear (e/c) eyes that reflected your soul. And I can say that me and Pyrrha here have wanted to meet you for a while. Cause well we know it's childish to fall in love with someone through rumors seeing you two nights ago and just now confirmed how we feel about you. Your responsible and reliable. Strong and quick-witted. Handsome and caring. So we both fell in love with you that night. Even though you weren't clean shaven and all that."
Pyrrha: "Indeed when we first acknowledged the others affection for you we both laughed a little. But when we talked about it more we came to a conclusion that we would share you if you wanted. We don't want to push this decision on you or anything." They said hugging me as I stared at the floor red faced silent.
(Y/n): "If I chose both of you would that mean you would visit me?" I asked as they giggled a little giving me a firm yes. "And... You still care for me after hearing what happened?"
Ruby and Pyrrha: "We care even more!"
(Y/n): "Will you help me remember what it means to be happy and in love?" I said quietly hearing nothing. I let out a small sigh until they made me stare at them. First Pyrrha made me look at her as she hugged me softly placing her lips on mine holding me close. We stayed like this for a minute till she broke the kiss blushing with a smile. Then Ruby made me look at her as she did the same thing but wrapped her arms around my neck. Another minute passed before the kiss was broken again.
Both: "We love you (Y/n) we will do anything for you." They said as I pulled them close into a hug smiling.
(Y/n): "I'm glad you two will help me mend my broken past. With your love and caring. I love you both as well no matter what I won't let anything happen to either of you." I said laying back as they cuddled up to me happily.