With Age Comes Compassion

(Y/n): "Everyone behind me!" I shouted as my team got behind me. quickly I dug my heels into the soil bring my arm blades to my face as the multiple alphas swarmed us. One after another they swung at my body trying to get past my shield. Luckily for us my semblance allowed my arm blades to form a giant shield when backed into a corner like we are now. But something felt off like I was missing something. Then suddenly like out of thin air.

Max: "(Y/n)!!!" He shouted as he was carried off by a nevermore. I only looked away for a moment before Katie rushed after him.
(Y/n): "Katie what are you doing!?!?!" I shouted as in one moment she was running after our teammate then the next. She was in two pieces. Her torso in the jaws of an Alpha and her lower half standing still spewing blood. I vomited in my mouth. I fell to one knee as the shield weakened significantly. I couldn't stand the sight of blood and seeing her die.

The world was slow as my head spun from nausea. My stomach felt like hell as the scene played in my mind over and over again. Then within an instant I was brought back to reality. I looked up to be greeted by the open and drooling jaws of an alpha. But I was frozen in fear and weakness unable to defend myself. I tried as hard as I could to free myself from this fear. But in one moment that fear was shattered and quickly was replaced with so many other emotions. Rage, anger, hatred, vengeance, destruction, death. Cause within that one moment my last friend threw herself infront of me. I watched as she was batted away like she was nothing. Then the blood curdling screams sounded from her body as she was mauled and devoured within moments. Blood and guts splattering everywhere as they tore into her flesh like a piece of meat.

Slowly I stood up no longer frozen in terror or fear. My friends had died on this mission to make sure I got back safely. And I am not about to let their sacrifices go to waste. The moment the farthest Alpha opened its mouth to let out its distress howl it fell to the ground into thirds before dissipating. I flicked my arms as black sludge surrounded me in splatters. The beos and alphas looked my way. Some of their muzzles covered in blood and guts while the others were as dark as the deepest abyss. Or now that I had lost everything the deepest and darkest abyss was my heart.

Within mere seconds the wasteland was now a field of sludge and dust. With the adrenaline and anger pumping through my veins. I was fueled by the demises of my friends and comrades by the hands of these abominations. And I planned on making every single one of them pay for ever making the mistake of coming into existence.

Timeskip 6 days later

I sat in the back of the bullhead. I was curled up in a ball of black sludge and blood. I was crying to myself constantly seeing their faces in anguish and pain. And how badly I wanted to help them but couldn't. I heard the pilot trying to calm me down but I couldn't stop crying. I watched as my friends one by one were murdered before my very eyes. And I stood aside powerless to help them. I couldn't call myself their leader let alone their friend. But my wallowing stopped once I felt the bullhead stop moving and the cargo door open. The school ground was barren and desolate no one else was around.

I just got up and drudged off the bullhead. I could feel his gaze of pity on me but I wasn't in need of pity. I needed comfort. I needed to be forgiven for my cowardice and weakness. I was the reason everyone had died. If I would of been stronger I would of been able to save them and protect them. I slowly walked towards our dorm stopping infront of the door. Almost too scared to even open the door. Then I heard our favorite teacher.

Glynda: "You tar man what are you doing here this is private property."
(Y/n): " It's me...(Y/n)." I said as I heard her wand and books hit the ground and the sounds of her heels running towards me. Within the few seconds since mentioning my name she hugged me tightly. She always showed us this type of affection since we were her favorite fourth years. But this time it felt less amiable and more loving. But that didn't matter what mattered was that I brought us to our knee's as I started crying. I felt her stiffen and freeze as the tears hit her shoulders and back. But then she started softly stroking my hair trying to calm me as I cried and cried. I couldn't hold back anymore I needed to let out this pain.

Glynda: "Shush... Calm down (Y/n) lets go into your dorm and calm down." She said as I only gave a soft sob to respond. Slowly we stood up and went into my solo dorm closing the door behind us. I cried and cried and cried as she held me close to her body. She didn't move or flinch but stayed there stroking my hair. "You know (Y/n) with age comes compassion."
(Y/n): " What... What.... What does that mean?" I asked trying to push off the sludge that still stuck to my body for whatever reason. She only gave a soft giggle before making me look at her as she pressed her lips against mine closing her eyes. Within an instant the sludge dispersed from my body and disappeared. I was taken aback by the kiss but slowly returned it holding her close.

It felt like heaven kissing Mrs. Goodwitch like this. I had a small crush on her since first year. But I never dreamed of anything quite like this. Soon after a minute she pulled away as I leaned forward wanting more. Gently she pressed her finger against my lips smiling softly.
Glynda: "Do you feel better now? Since you were so negative the Grimm remains were stuck to you slowly turning you into a Grimm. But now that you are happy they are gone for good." She said as I blushed feeling her rest her head on my shoulder. Many students dream of a short kiss with her. Me? I am living in heaven right now holding the woman of my dreams in my arms as she says how much she loves me.