My Knight in Shining Armor

Flashback Velvet pov 12 years ago

I sat there wiping my eyes crying. I was on the ground as boys were throwing sticks at me.  But one boy stepped up shouting.

???: "WHY DONT YOU LEAVE HER ALONE?!?"
Boy: "Cause Its her fault so many people are hurt?"
???: "Prove it then! Show me she hurts others!"
Boy: "Uh... Uh..."
???: "EXACTLY!!" The boy defending me shouted. I watched in shock as he tackled the biggest kid throwing him to the ground. They wrestled around for a few minutes until.

Woman: "(Y/N)!!?!! STOP ASSAULTING THAT BOY!" She shouted rushing over pulling the boy off the older one. I watched still shocked by the fact someone rescued me. They argued back and forth till the question came to me.

Woman: "Is what my son saying the truth? Are these boys bullying you?"
Velvet: "Y-Yes... They were throwing sticks and stones at me..."
Boy: "She's lying!"
Woman: "She's covered in bruises! (Y/n) do you know their names?" She said looking at the boy with (h/c) hair. He nodded listing off their names as they got scared. They ran away as I stared at the woman and boy.

(Y/n): "Are you okay? Im (Y/n) and you are?"
Velvet: "V-Velvet... T-Thank you for reaching me..."
(Y/n): "I will always save girls in distress cause I want to be a knight!" He said proudly as me and the woman giggle at his words.
Woman: "Hi I'm (Y/n)s mother I will make sure those boys will be confronted by their parents. Now you two play nice I'm going to make some phone calls." She said walking off as I blushed slightly giggling still.
(Y/n): "What's so funny? Is it because I want to be a knight? I have the design for my armor and everything." He said as I giggled more wiping my tears smiling.
Velvet: "S-Sorry I just thought all boys wanted to be super heroes or something..."
(Y/n): "No I rather be someone that pledged themselves to a single purpose. And always defended the rights of everyone." He said as I blushed hugging him. He went red breaking away all embarrassed...

From that day on we were inseparable. We never left the other alone unless forced to. I went over to his house constantly seeing his armor designs. And saw his weapons and everything. His sword design was massive I doubted he would ever hold it properly. We were always together until...

(Y/n): "Im moving..."
Velvet: "What?!?"
(Y/n): "Yeah I'm sorry..."
Velvet: "Will we ever see each other again?"
(Y/n): "I can only hope..." He said giving me a hug as I returned it. I felt like I was gonna cry till he kissed my cheek. I looked at him wide eyed bright red as his face was just as flushed. He just flashed a small smile. "I will always be your knight in shining armor Velvet." He said as I nodded hugging him tighter.

Flashback end

That was the last time I ever saw him again. Weird why did that memory come to mind right now... Oh right cause I'm being bullied...

Cardin: "Come on bunny girl speak up. What are you doing here?"
Velvet: "J-Just sitting here... E-Eating my lunch..."
Cardin: "Wrong your in m-"
???: "Leave her alone..." The new student said as we looked over at the wall seeing him sitting against it. He was covered head to toe in heavy armor. And we couldn't see his face so we dont know what he looks like. And his voice was terrifying it was deep and booming. I couldn't tell if it was cause of his armor or that's his actual voice. Cardin just lifted up his hands from me walking backwards. The new kid constantly saved me from the bullying.

This same process continued for several days. Cardin would try and bully me whenever he could, but the new kid was always there. He always stopped Cardin from bullying me. It was weird this was just what (Y/n) did when we were kids. And I would be lying if I said I never thought the new kid was (Y/n).

I mean sure he looked like a knight and had a similar weapon to (Y/n)s design as a kid. But I doubt that is him. Especially since his armor was more... Red while this armor was more blue. It was driving me crazy how much I was thinking about (Y/n). I mean he was my childhood crush and the only guy ive liked ever. I miss him and how much the new kid acted like him drove me absolutely crazy.

I walked up to the new kid at lunch as he was sitting by himself like usual. I looked him up and down trying to find any distinguishing characteristics. He just stared at me surely confused.

Velvet: "Who are you?"
???: "Just another student."
Velvet: "You keep protecting me... Do you know my name?"
???: "No what is it?"
Velvet: "It's Velvet, Velvet Scarlatina."
???: "V-Velvet Scarlatina?" He said sounding shocked as I nodded. He took off his helmet as I covered my mouth with my hand keeping in the squeal. His hair, his eyes, his concerned expression. I knew it was (Y/n). He just looked away blushing as I giggled hugging him tightly.
Velvet: "Ive missed you so much (Y/n)! Not a day went by that I didn't think about you when we were kids! Why didn't you speak up before?"
(Y/n): "Cause... I um... Was embarrassed at first..."
Velvet: "Embarrassed?"
(Y/n): "Yeah... I mean your so beautiful and nice but here I am... Your quote unquote knight in shining armor not even brave enough to tell you who he was..." He said with a sigh as I smiled playfully patting his cheek. He just stared at me as I blushed getting closer to him. Luckily no one was around so I sat in his lap wrapping my arms around his neck pressing my lips agaisnt his. He froze before wrapping his arms around me pulling us closer returning the kiss.

We stayed like this for a few moments before he pulled away. I giggled resting my head on his chest. He just held me close whispering that he loved me. I whispered it back saying how much I loved my knight in shining armor.