The Assassin and the Crime Lord

I am a bounty hunter, but I much prefer to be called an assassin. No one knew who I was due to my helmet. I wore it all the time to hide my identity. Now this seems like a nuisance for communication but my helmet shows my current emotions in a way.

Now im on the hunt for a crime lord. Her name was Roma Torchwick. Leader of the multiple dust robberies and famous crime lord.

(Y/n): "Assassinated. What a satisfying word. With five syllables." I said as I shook my head I hated my stupid habit. I spoke in haiku's quite often for whatever reason.

I saw some thugs entering a dust shop below me. And with them I saw her. Roma. My target I felt pity somewhat seeing how unsuspecting she was. I jumped down pulling out my katana walking up behind them. One of the grunts noticed me and started firing at me. I activated my semblance deploying a hologram of me attacking as I went invisible.

(Y/n): "And I disappear. A ghost amidst the combat. Preparing to strike." I said as they realized my hologram wasn't being hurt. I had a few seconds before my semblance would deactivate. I rushed forward behind Roma as she smirked.
Roma: "I know your that assassin who keeps failing to kill me. Kid just give it up you can never catch me off guard." She said swinging her cane nailing me in the face. I recoiled holding my nose as my semblance deactivated revealing my location. I started panicking dodging around the gunfire counting out loud.

(Y/n): "19...20...21..." I said as she tripped me up pointing the end of her cane at my face. I stared at her a pissed off emoji appearing on my helmet. She just smirked tapping on my helmet.
Roma: "Kid you've been trying all month just give it up already. I'm too skills for someone of your nature. You can't handle a situation calmly." She said teasing me as I glared at her sweeping her feet out from beneath her. She fell back losing her cane as I jumped on her pointing the edge of my blade to her throat.

Roma: "Still not good enough kid." She said as I questioned her.
(Y/n): "What do you mean?" I said before I saw the grunts had the manager hostage. I let her go sheathing my katana as she stood up smirking. I felt animosity towards her, but also respect cause of how well she countered my every attempt on her life. I watched her load up briefcases and bags filled with dust crystals and tubes.

I watched her wave me off triumphantly as I turned to the owner apologizing. As he sighed waving me off. I felt humiliated by her and how she so easily dealt with me. I needed to kill her and prove to not just myself but everyone I am a feared assassin.

(Y/n): "Well at least I'm not talking in dumb haiku's anymore yep right..." I said before counting the syllables of that sentence. I just spoke a fucking haiku without realizing it. "Goddamnitt...." I said before wandering off into the night.

Time skip a week later

Every single time I try and stop her she makes a fool out of me. She is always one step ahead of me no matter what I try. Even doing something my friend would do...

(Y/n): "Damn you krieg and your contagious stupidity. I nearly died that night cause of you." I said with a sigh as I saw her cronies and her walking into a dust shop. I wasn't even trying to catch her tonight cause I had just about given up.

But instead of going inside she just stood out waiting impatiently for someone to arrive. I guess she just enjoys kicking my ass that much. Well I for the first time in a few years wasn't wearing my helmet. So I dont know if I can approach her or not. Well actually.

(Y/n): "I am wearing a hoodie I just have to..." I said pulling the hood down over my face just far enough she can't see my face but I could see. I pulled out my katana slowly approaching her from the shadows of the alley. I had learned from my past now I must use that knowledge to my advantage.

I wrapped one arm around her stomach grabbing both her arms while pressing the blade of my katana against her neck pressing a little.

Roma: "Oh there you are kid you kept me waiting."
(Y/n): "..." I couldn't speak cause I didn't have my helmet on that had a built in voice modifier.
Roma: "Aww is the kid embarrassed he keeps getting beat by a beautiful woman?"
(Y/n): "......" I felt my face starting to heat up with a blush from her. I honestly had developed a small crush on her for her skills but I can't let that delay me from the objective killing her.
Roma: "Kid it isn't as much fun when you don't speak." She said relaxing her body. I tensed up preparing for her next move. "Kid you need to relax." She said before breaking free of my grip and flipping me over her shoulder. I fell on my ass staring up at her as she got ontop of me with a smirk.

I watched her hand slowly reach out and push my hood back as I looked away. She forced me to look at her as I stared at her eyes. She just smirked with a slight giggle getting up and helping me up. I couldn't reach my katana in time if she attacks so I'm at her mercy. She didn't do anything but drag me into an alley as people were starting to stare. I didn't resist thinking I could kill her now.

Roma: "You know kid your actually kinda cute when you arent trying to kill me." She said as i looked away blushing more. "What's wrong I'm waiting for one of your stupid haiku's."
(Y/n): "I... I don't want to speak..." I said blushing as she giggled having heard my real voice.
Roma: "Kid your so cute. I think I'm gonna keep you for myself." She said as I stared at her before she placed her lips on mine pinning me against a wall. I blushed madly before returning the kiss as we stayed like this for a few moments before she pulled away. "I've become interested in you kid. So what do you say?"
(Y/n): "I-I um..." I mumbled out embarrassed as she giggled more.
Roma: "I will take that as a yes now. What is your name kid so I can actually talk to my new boyfriend."
(Y/n): "(Y/n)..." I stuttered out as she blushed a little kissing my cheek.
Roma: "I hope your a better boyfriend then assassin." She said as I looked at her hurt slightly. "Oh please can't you take one little joke baby." She said before placing her lips on mine again as I returned it happily. And here I am. An assassin who fell for his mark and she fell for him. The crime lord and the assassin.