[9]

Lance would not look at me. Not since that day. I don't know what I had done so wrong. I had apologized. I had said I was sorry. If only he would let me explain he would know my true intentions were not to leave him and start a new life with someone else. Why does he think the very worst of me when all I am trying to do is be the man I failed to be before? I lean forward and cover my face with my hands. 

With my grandfather being here and Emery being mine, there is only one reason why he'd come. Lance would never agree to it. He's Alpha here and he won't let anyone take his son away. However, those are the rules of having a child from a Red. If I had known, I would have told him. I sigh and ruffle my hair. There is no other choice but to see him. I rose just Dani appeared causing me to crack my neck and eye her. 

"Why can you not just leave me alone?"

"So I am sure you know how Lance must be feeling, hm?" 

"You said you wanted me to stay. Have you changed your mind?" 

She shook her head and smiled. "I wanted you to stay because I thought you would get rid of your grandfather, but it seems as though you failed in that." 

"Do you know who he is? I can't just 'get rid of him'."

"Disappointment," she hisses causing me to breathe deeply and control myself. 

"Emery is mine and as a Red, he must be raised by one. It is the rules." 

Her eyes lowered as her pedantic attitude disappeared in less than a second. 

"... So you knew?"

"No, but if he would have told me—"

"Don't you get it? He wants nothing to do with you! Nothing! It's not like he asked to have a child by you of all men. Now he must suffer because of that as well!" 

Lunas, her words sting. They bite and chew at my heart making it tighten to the point to where it left my eyes burning. 

"You're everything that's wrong in his life," she spits. 

She is only reconfirming what I'm not trying to admit and it's painful to even think about. He means so much to me. 

"Enough already. I know I hurt him. I know I did. Must you smear that across my face with each talk I have with you? Do you feel so threatened by me that you would sink this low to intentionally hurt someone? If I had done this to you--" I back her up against a building, "—I would be seen as someone cruel and malicious. So what do you think that makes you?" 

She looks at me with narrowed eyes but doesn't say anything. 

"You're pitiful and vindictive. It's no wonder Lance has no interest in you." I throw her face away and walk away. 

Nothing I can say will ever make her change how she feels about me and it's understandable. However, Lance is my rightful mate chosen by Lunas and Emery is my... He is mine. A smile touched my lips at the thought warming my heart up in an instance. Of all things to come from our love, I did not expect a child. 

If only Lance would trust me and let me be a father to him... Even now, he is keeping him away from me and, Lunas, it hurts. 

Just as I look up I see Yorin looking at me with disappointment written all over his face. 

"What?"

"He pushes you away and you are  just going to continue to keep the distance?" 

"... I respect his choice... "

"You know your grandfather will take Emery away from him unless you act as though you two are together again. It'll be just for show. Once it is all over, you can go on and leave if you want."