[7]

"Seth." Yorin pulls me out of my thoughts. I forgot he had come next to me.

"Kaj and Jakob had told me something rather interesting from two nights past." I look at him and shake my head. I knew they were not asleep and were listening. 

"The pack will understand, especially since it's you. You've helped us tremendously. All our green bloods returned back from that scrimmage and that would have never happened if it wasn't for you. They especially won't mind because he has an heir, already." He gives my shoulder a pat causing me to stiffen. 

So it was true then. He does have a kid. My eyes lower in thought before I look back up at Yorin. 

"From that Dani woman, I'm guessing?" I ask. 

Yorin only gives me a questionable look in return.

 Before he can say anything else, Dani walks up to us giving each a slight nod of acknowledgement. 

"Seth, may I have a word?" I look at her and walk off. Right now, I really cannot take any of her shit. She does and says things wanting to anger me and I want to look nothing but good in Lance's eyes.  As if she takes that as a que, she follows me. 

"You don't know what you're doing," she says as she walks beside me. 

"I think I do."

"No, I don't think you do. I don't think you do at all." She grabs my arm and turns me around causing me to snatch it back from her.

"Are you really that surprised that he wants me instead of you? I told you, warned you he'd always want me. No matter how much he doesn't want to show it." 

"And you must be so proud, I'm sure making him miserable like this and in that way." She glares at me, but I continue to stare at her with indifference. Though, inside, I felt my heart crushing into bits and pieces at her words. 

"Aunty Dani, look at this! Look at what I caught!" I see the same red haired kid I taught how to fish come running with a fish almost as big as himself. 

His clothes are soaked with mud and grass along with his hair and face. He stops just moments from showing her when he spots me and shows me a big grin. 

"This is for you!" 

I bend down and smile at him feeling that same warm feeling from before. 

"Good job, Emery I told you, you would get it, didn't I?" I nudge him a little before he nods and hands me the fish. 

"Emery—" Dani tries to say but he ends up hugging me with his muddied self and all. My eyes widen for half a second not expecting that, but I hug him back lightly and give him a small smile. 

"Let's give the fish to Dani and get you washed up." 

"I don't wanna go with her. I wanna stay here. With you." His big, blue round eyes stare back up at me as he latches onto my leg. This kid is too cute. 

"Well, I'm muddy and your muddy. We both need a bath." I see him stick out his bottom lip and pout causing me to laugh a little and throw a playful, soft punch to his arm. "Unless you wanna smell like stinky fish?" I muse remembering the reaction from the last time. He only tightens his hold on my leg.

"I don't wanna. Don't make me." 

Dani's eyes were boring holes through me. I can see her angry expression directed towards me, but I ignore it. I was trying to help her. However, it's fine if I don't, right? 

"I won't. But you still need a bath and I don't wash kids. You have to wash yourself, kid." He nods but I'm ninety percent sure he doesn't know how. I'll just dump him off with his mom or dad.