[24]

I look at Lance before looking at the door. Slowly, I walk over to him and drag the side of my finger down his cheek. I comb my fingers through his hair and press a soft kiss on his cheek. For months, I've been wanting to be with him like this and in this way. The possibility of it was so nonexistent before and look at us now. It seems no matter what obstacle lays before us, we could tackle it together. But... just as I take my hand away from his face I feel Lance's hand in mine. He lays a kiss on the top of it and gives me a small smile as his eyes stay shut.

"I said it once before..." I hear him mumble. "How much you meant to me then. Do you remember?"

I nod my head as if he can see me.

"I still do. I still very much feel the same way about you."

"It is the same for me... "

"So you must know I know what you are thinking. Even though we've talked about this and how much I want to share this burden with you, you're reluctant to give it to me and I understand why. I'm not going to bother you anymore about it. Your choice is your choice." He opens his eyes and stares at me. "And I hope you make the right one this time... "

I give him a kiss which he readily accepts.

"I'd choose you."

"I know."

"Because I love you and you mean everything to me."

"... I know." There is sleep still in his voice. He looks away from me before mumbling, "I love you too... "

"So then kiss me."

"I already did."

"Again."

"Again?" he questions. He licks his lips and looks away from me again.

I duck my head and kiss his lips, causing him to smile onto my lips and run his fingers through my hair. Before I can press for more, Yorin comes through the door with a scowl on his face.

"I have been looking up and down here for the both of you and this is where you have run off to? Some old cabin in the woods?"

"It was only for a day, Yorin. I'm getting dressed," Lance says. He sits up causing Yorin to turn around and clear his throat. Yorin takes this opportunity to look at me and I waste no time leading him back outside.

"Since the two of you have reconciled, he's been doing nothing but spending his time with you," Yorin muttered.

"And that's a bad thing?"

"It is a bad thing," Yorin hissed. "There are things that must be addressed. Things that must be done and you have him here--"

"I'm sorry. I know you must've been worried, but he's fine. I wouldn't let a thing happen to him and I know what he means to you and your people. However, he's mine as well. And he needs time for himself."

Yorin stares at me.

"And some of his responsibilities... you can tell them to me."

He cocks his head before laughing. "Come again? You become intimate with him and think I'll hand off some of his responsibilities to you now, huh?"

"Would you rather have him stressed? He's already worried about Emery and all of his responsibilities is taking a toll on him both mentally and physically. I'm sure you know this."

"I realize that." He crosses his arms and looks closely at me. "And now you realize that."

"I've always realized that."

"And you think him having another kid will lessen this burden of his?"

My face turns crimson as Yorin continues to stare at me.