[5]

" Rise and shine!" Yorin enters my hut and moves the straw away from my doorway, but I pay him no mind.

I turn on my side trying to ignore his presence. His footsteps grow near the bed causing my eyes to narrow. Yorin had told me Lance may never look at me the same way again. He couldn't possibly, not after all that has happened and what he had been through to be where he is now. Still I... I want to get close to him. I can't help it. I get up not bothering with a shirt and follow Yorin out.

"So basic was a bad decision on my part."

He no longer has those boyish features that I once knew. His face is more well-defined. He's not so short whereas he has to grab onto some part of me to reach my lips. Though I found that to be one of the cutest things about him back then. Even his eyes have darkened into a nice indigo. The only thing that hasn't changed is the color of his hair. It's still just as black as I remembered it. I let out a sigh. He had grown into a fine man fit for any woman to have.

"I warned you," I respond back after getting lost in my thoughts for a moment.

"However, you made no fast friends because of that."

"I was only merely doing what was required of me. Friends never come fast and when they do, they turn out to be not-so-good friends after all."

After a couple minutes of walking through the village, I see the Training Grounds popping up. Sand and more sand is piled across the arena. Dry, dirt walls circled around it. There is no greenery or forestry inside meaning that it is meant for training. Back home, we had something much similar to this.

"Get over here," Yorin shouts to the small group of people gathering here. I saw what you all can do. Now. I want you to use everything you have to pin, and I mean pin, down your opponent. There will be no ill-blood spilled today. Do you hear me?" He says the last part with so much emphasis I had to wonder if it had happened on more than one occasion. I nod along with the rest catching eyes with Kaj and Jakob.

Kaj is the one that I somewhat get along with. As for Jakob and Mikkel, not so much. I am not bothering with their women so I can't come to understand why they have some grudge against me. However, I won't lose any sleep over it.

"She-wolves to the back. The rest of you stay here, strip, and transform. I'll give you training partners once you are done." I begin to unbutton my pants and notice Kaj staring for a quick second then turning around to unbutton his own causing me to smirk. Maybe going shirtless wasn't exactly a good idea after all.

He has dark, coal black hair like most northern men and a set of molten gray eyes that remind me of a certain someone. He's a couple inches shorter than me. His build is muscled and well toned. When he walks he has such an airiness about him that makes him all the more attractive. Don't expect me to lie. He's very attractive and if I was the old me... I shake my head at the thought and focus on my transformation.

In less than a few seconds, I turn into a blood, red wolf. I can feel myself rising on all fours. My head turns as I see the others still turning some are finished and others are just getting started. The ones who have fully transformed are dark gray and variations of such; all much smaller than me besides Kaj.

His coat is a mixture of black and grays. The lightness of his eyes darkened in his wolf form and he rose to about one hundred and sixty centimeters compared to the other one hundred and thirty and one hundred and fifty centimeters. He was a more than good height for his pack. He is indeed a very stunning wolf.

I blink after realizing I had been staring too long and make my way towards Yorin who had stayed in his human form. He looks me up and down before appraising me. "You are a pretty damn big wolf." He says while laughing a little. He touches my coat probably never having seen a Red and lived to tell the tale. "You were right. You would make a fine addition." He lets go of me and looks around at all the others.