[17]

Hours passed by before I saw much of anyone. The same man that escorted me to this small room is the same one who comes in and stares. For a couple seconds, he does just that. I do not know whether or not he was doing that to elicit some kind of negative response from me or what, but it struck me as odd. I look at him, not bothering to say or do much but give him a small smile. He ignores it and cuts his eyes away from me.

"Why are you even here?" I finally ask, done with the tension.

"Why are you here?" he says back.

The man crossed his arms and eyes me this time with a glare. He draws a long sigh and motions towards the door next.

"You out there. You go out there."

I give him a look but he only pushes me.

"Go."

The light from the sunrise blinds me momentarily. As my eyes adjust, I see many women and children coming and going from the nearby forest and huts. Their clothes are simple, a tailored shirt and thick pants made for the cold nights. The girls were in dresses as the boys wore the same fashion as the men.

I'm still confused by all of this till, but I'm willing to have this all explained to me of it means me being able to tell him everything that had happened. If it weren't for Dani saying those things when she said them, I wouldn't be here right now. She would.

I look around again, trying to find the familiar through the unfamiliar, but everything is so different. The forest is so dense sunlight is barely able to shine through. It creates a dark, yet very beautiful atmosphere. The mud houses were tall and built with many levels. As I take a closer look, I realize there is stone embedded in there as well. The roofs are made of hay and straw with very little covering for the doors and windows.

Just what the hell is Lance doing here?

The man takes me across the village and into a larger hut with many levels. Candles decorates the room along with animal bones and skins.

"You stay."

"Lunas, again?" I shake my head. "Where is Lance? It's been hours since I last seen him."

"You worry?" the man asks.

I nod which only causes the man to laugh and leave right back outside. It makes sense why these people would want me away from Lance. My blood is no good to them. But Lance is my mate no matter what others think of it and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

My back leans against one of the walls. Soon I sink down on the ground thinking of ways to escape here and find Lance. Lance could be in trouble a piece of me thought. However, another piece of me knew he came willingly and even spoke their language.

As the candles burn and fill the room with the smell of chamomile and burning wood, my eyes begin to grow heavy. When I open them again, I realize day had turned into night. Food is on a plate in front of me, causing my eyes to narrow. I move the food away and rise.

I dust my pants off and head for the door but someone pushes me right back inside before I can even take one step out the door. The touch felt familiar, so familiar I decide to grab the person's arm. Sparks run through me causing me to let go and look at the man in surprise.