redo, part two.

So last night really did happen.

Jack spent the whole day acting like we were nothing but old friends then decides to kiss me all of a sudden while his girlfriend was just a few feet away. I don't remember all of it in part due to alcohol and the rush of these feelings. However, I do recall making out on the garden swing until we almost got caught by Johnson, using the bullshit excuse that I had lost something earlier, and we were just trying to find it. Thank God he was oblivious enough to believe us.

After that, it's like nothing else mattered that night. Jack and I parted ways once again, but physical distance meant nothing to him as he kept sneaking looks towards me while he hung out with Madison. The boy was shameless.

See, the thing about homewrecking for me is that I know it's wrong, yet I find myself not really wanting to stop. There's no doubt in my mind that I wanted Jack, and obviously he had some desire for me too. The only problem here was Madison, and I had yet to learn why Jack would go behind her back like he did.

I woke up on the floor of Gilinsky's bedroom with just a blanket acting as my mattress, having no recollection of how I ended up here but not caring enough to find out. As I sat up through the agonizing wake up call of a hangover, I noticed half of Jack's limp body hanging off the edge of the bed. Part of me wanted to ignore him for the rest of my time here because I kind of felt awkward after last night. The other half of me wanted to sit him down and have a detailed discussion about what the hell he was thinking. I decided with the former because Lord knows we don't need any more drama in our cliche story. So I lugged myself to the bathroom and began to get ready as I would any other day.

Midway through brushing my teeth, Jack trudged into the bathroom, murmuring some form of a greeting. I assumed that he wasn't fully awake as he decided to take a piss right before my eyes.

"Jack, chill!" I exclaimed through my foamy mouth. It wasn't anything new to me, but I'd rather not get more involved with him than I already am. I didn't even know what we were, after all.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm not used to having someone in here when I wake up." He mumbled in a groggy manner, rubbing his eyes to insinuate some more awakening.

"Yeah, no shit." With a hand held up to the side of my face, I finished brushing my teeth. He seemed to be more attentive once I finished my morning routine. If I'm quite honest, I was waiting for him to say something about last night, but from the looks of it, I'm not sure if he even remembered anything. I leaned against the door frame while he took his turn at the sink, contemplating whether or not I should bring it up. But the longer I watched him, the more my curiosity ate at me. "So the party was fun, wasn't it?"

"The parts I remember, hell yeah."

"And– And the people were great. Really chill."

"Yeah, they're cool. They're like some of the best people around."

I didn't seem to be getting anywhere with this conversation. I knew Jack so well, and we were so comfortable with each other that I couldn't tell if he was acting nonchalant to say that what we did was a mistake or if he genuinely didn't remember what happened. Either way, he wasn't being very helpful.

"And the boys–"

"Y/N, if you're trying to ask me about our kiss, yes, it did happen." He cut in, turning his body towards me while leaning his arm on the sink. Okay, well, that wasn't the issue here. I knew perfectly well that it did happen.

"So you were sober?" I questioned in desperation of finding some sort of excuse to validate my guilt. Despite the fact that I wouldn't take it back whatsoever, I still felt bad for Madison.

"Mm, nah I was pretty drunk." He shook his head. My heart started racing. Okay, good because now I had a reason. But also bad because he probably didn't mean or want to do it.

"So it was an accident."

"Nope, I meant to kiss you." Also good and bad. And confusing as hell, which apparently showed through my expression as he let out a chuckle. He took a step closer, and just like that, we were almost chest-to-chest. God, he's grown a lot taller. "I meant what I said, Y/N. I can't stand the fact that we're finally in the same place again, but we're not together." I gulped, nervously scanning his face for any form of joking. He wasn't.

"You– You were the one who suggested we break up." I reminded him, but I also had to remind myself of what happened between us. As much as I wanted to be with him, how could I be sure that what happened before wouldn't happen again?

"I know, baby. And every day I regret it. I miss having you around, and I miss being able to call you my girl." Just like when we were dating, his words entranced me with little effort. To top it off, his hands found their way onto my waist, and he looked down at me with those goddamn Gilinsky eyes. I was teetering between believing him and holding onto my willpower. So far the former had me hooked.

"Madison's your girl." I managed to choke out in a whisper. I could feel my heart beating in my throat, and I tried to swallow it down as his face edged closer to mine.

"She's no you." With those words, his lips just barely touched mine before I heard the bedroom door swing open. I immediately pushed him away and turned around just in time to see Madison come into view.

"Good morning, you two!" She smiled, and I thought my heart was going to beat itself out of my rib cage. I didn't know she was still here. Why didn't she sleep in Jack's bedroom instead of me? So many questions bombarded my brain that I felt a little lightheaded as I looked back at Jack.

"Morning, baby girl." I cringed as I watched him greet her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Even then, he gave me a wink behind her back. I almost felt disgusted. How could he be so intimate with me one minute then pretend to be a good boyfriend to Madison the next?

"So I was thinking," Madison spoke up once they pulled apart, "We should all have a beach day! You know, since this is your first time in LA, and I know you and the Jacks were like super close back in Omaha. It'll be fun! What do you think?" Every time I looked at her, all I could see was the guilt I felt. It was almost painful.

"That sounds.." I looked at Jack. ".. great. I'd love to hang with y'all." I gave a weak smile, although she didn't seem to notice as she clapped once.

"Amazing! So I'll let you get ready then let everyone else know. We're gonna have a blast." With a quick peck to Jack's lips, she was gone. I looked at Jack, and already he had a smirk on those stupid lips of his.

"I spy a little jealous Jane."

"I'm not jealous." I snapped, crossing my arms. I was so jealous. Forget about my guilt; I wanted him all to myself. Madison was a nice girl and all, but she obviously couldn't handle Jack like I could.

"You so are. What, couldn't handle a little PDA from me and Mads?" I rolled my eyes. If there's one thing I didn't miss, it was his cocky moments. Chuckling, he pulled me by my waist and closed the bathroom door behind us. Soon enough, we were back to our close proximity, except this time he had me trapped against the door. "Don't worry, princess. You're still the one I want." Looking from his eyes to his lips and back again, I furrowed my eyebrows and bunched his shirt into my fist.

"Damn right I am." I tugged him down to meet my lips in a feverish manner. Through it, his smirk was once again evident as he moved his hands to my wrists, easing my grip off his shirt before he pinned them against the door.

"What happened to feeling bad about Madison?" He spoke through the kiss, upping the messy factor of our movements. I breathed heavily as I felt my cares slipping away from me.

"I'm taking back what's mine."