bottled up.

Request: A Jack G imagine where Y/N keeps her feelings about him bottled up but eventually confesses

I guess having a guy best friend has its perks sometimes. I mean, they give great advice on boys, and drama with them is usually harmless. It's all fun and games until they introduce you to their bro friends – and you start to catch feelings for one of them. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about crushes. It's not awkward or anything; it's just exceptionally hard for me to act on these feelings. Unlike a lot of other people, I don't have a legitimate reason for keeping this "secret." I'm not shy, I'm not teasing or playing hard to get, and I sure as hell am not intending on waiting for Jack to make the first move. I just have never been the kind of person to voice my feelings about a lot of things, especially crushes.

My feelings for Jack weren't gradual. In fact, one day I looked at him, and it's like my views on everything changed. And now I'm here, dreading our lunch date as friends. I was more so anxious about the idea of spending a whole couple of hours alone with him. We've been alone before, of course, but I knew it would be increasingly harder to bottle up my feelings for him.

My hands trembled slightly as I walked up to the little coffee shop he told me to meet him at. It wasn't that busy; there was a comfortable amount of people inside. As soon as I spotted Jack in the corner, my heart rate went through the roof. Somehow willing my legs to move, I weaved through the tables and found myself at the table in no time.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed, setting his phone down before standing up to greet me with a hug. His hugs were the best.

"Hey, am I late?" I questioned awkwardly after we pulled out of the embrace and sat down.

"Nah, you're good. But even if you were late, I would've waited all day for you." He flashed that smile of his and laughed a little. He was joking, but that didn't make my heart swell any less.

"Shut up." I laughed it off, lifting the little menu in attempt to hide my bashful demeanor. Let's be real, though, even the most oblivious person could notice it.

"So what do you wanna eat?"

Not surprisingly, lunch with Jack was a blast. I admit, I might have withheld myself a little bit, but I was gradually easing into comfort as time went on. Jack wanted to walk around the park for a while, and I agreed considering it was a nice day out. We were quiet for a couple minutes until he spoke up with a question I was dreading to hear.

"You seem a little quiet today, Y/N. Everything alright?" I might have looked a little too caught off guard as he rose his eyebrows in response.

"Uh– Yeah, I don't know, I'm just a little tired I guess." I thought that was convincing enough, whereas he didn't buy it one bit.

"Mhm... And is there anything else on your mind?" He paused, and I swear I could hear my heart in my ears. "– Like a boy, perhaps?" My heart nearly stopped. Apparently Jack noticed my shock, and he laughed. "It is! See, I know you. You've got that kind of look in your eyes that says you're thinking about somebody. Aww, Y/N's got a little crush!" Well at least he doesn't know who it is... Warmth spread across my cheeks as soon as he put his arms around my shoulders and shook me a bit. It wasn't because I liked him, but because it was embarrassing. How will I ever be able to tell him now?

"Don't make it weird..." I muttered, crossing my arms as I tried to seem collected.

"Aww, I'm just teasing." He laughed while lightly pinching my cheek. "So who's the lucky guy? Do I know him?" I stayed silent in hopes that he'd drop it. Knowing him, however, he wouldn't stop until he got all the answers he needed.