When You Sleep Tonight

Summary: Joe has trouble sleeping at night but he finds it much easier and faster to fall asleep with Caspar with him.

Warnings: a little swearing, short but sweet

This is from one of Joe's vlogs where he made these coke bubbles thing but Caspar wasn't there so the parts with Caspar didn't actually happen

Enjoy!
__

Caspar knew Joe had trouble sleeping long before he said it in his vlog, but Joe had told him it was under control and he was sleeping regularly. He wanted to tell Joe that he didn't need those lotions, candles, and sprays to help him sleep, all he needed to do was let him know and he'd be there in an instant. He was only 8 minutes and 20 seconds away.

Are you awake?

For you, always

Can you sleep on the phone
with me please

Yes

Caspar grabbed his phone and texted Joe,
I'm coming over, just letting you know x
He grabbed a small bag and started to grab things he needed for the two days including the pink hoodie Joe loved. After a few minutes Joe replied saying ok, placing a kiss afterwards.
-
Caspar paid for the uber and walked up to Joe's apartment. Joe knew he was coming so he just left the door unlocked and Caspar easily walked in. He heard Joe talking from the kitchen and assumed he was vlogging.

"Oh, that does actually taste of Coke-a-Cola!" Caspar stared in awe at his boyfriend trying to catch the bubbles on the tiny bubble wand like he was the most precious thing in the word, which he was in Caspar's eyes. He was the most precious thing there could be. "Catch it! I just can't catch it in time."

"This is pointless. See, they bugger off! Come back! Here we go."
Caspar saw Joe catch the bubble on the stick and try to eat it but then it popped again. "Oh no it popped, shit." Caspar couldn't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

Joe smiled and turned around to Caspar. "What are you doing?" Caspar asked laughing and shaking his head with a smile. Joe smirked and rolled his eyes, "Isn't it obvious? I'm blowing bubbles and trying to eat them off a stick!"

"Come here," Caspar motioned Joe over to him. Joe complied and fell into Caspar's arms, holding him tightly.

"Your blood test is tomorrow." Caspar reminded. Joe scrunched up his face and swarmed a little, "I know, which means I have to sleep tonight." He said and picked his head up and tried to grab one of the products for his pillow but Caspar grabbed his shoulder. "You don't need those to sleep, Joe."

Joe laid his head down again a lot less lightly than the last time and turned to his boyfriend. "I know you haven't been sleeping." Caspar told him, he'd been waiting to tell Joe that whole night. "You could have told me, Joe, you told me you were fine when you weren't."
Joe sighed and closed his eyes, "I didn't want to be a burden to you, I don't want to depend on you for things I should be able to do on my own and not be incapable of doing things for myself."

"You'll never be a burden Joe. I love you–" Caspar wrapped his arms around Joe while he laid his head on Caspar's chest, "–you're the most precious thing in the world to me and nothing you ask for could be a burden. If you're having trouble sleeping you can tell me, babe."

"I love you too, love." Joe said as he adorably tucked his head to Caspar's neck and Caspar held him tighter. "You're so adorable." Caspar cooed. The cute brunette lifted his head up and pecked Caspar's lips. "Goodnight, little pudding." And as always, Joe slept peacefully with his boyfriend with him.

——

Oml I've had this in my drafts finished for like a year and I never published it?? Maybe I thought it was too short? But anyways here it is for anyone who's still here