So There's That

➰Foul Language &&Abuse. ➰

Everyone froze in place

Everyone froze in place. A shot of tequila halfway down a throat. Sabrinas bottle of vodka continued pouring on the counter vodka out of the glass. It was a deer in the headlights moment. I grabbed the billy bat from under the bar, and felt a comfort in its firmness. I took in his appearance slowly. White button up shirt...totally unbuttoned. Black dress slacks and shoes. His cane in his left hand. Bow tie undone resting around his neck and lapels of his shirt. Gun holsters strapped to his chest. It was a beautiful, chaotic site. I narrowed my eyes and went bock to that pale face and slicked green hair.

"What are you doing here dude? Wasn't earlier an implication on how much I didn't wanna see ya again?" I cocked my head with the smile still on my face.

"Oh doll...you wound me. You really do. But I couldn't wait to see my little Haven again. Why don't you just...hop on over here and give daddy a hug...unless you want me to go back to your dads and ask Claire for one?" He chuckled darkly raising an eyebrow.

That fucking grin on his face widened as my jaw dropped. He was fibbing. No. NO he wasn't. His pistols sat in their holsters and were within his reach, I could see his fingers twitch.

"Why so serious lover? Didn't think of find out about my new step daughter?" And now noises were made. Everyone was gasping and muttering things to each other. All this did was piss him off and he grabbed a pistol shooting his clip into my ceiling. Oh my lanta...my ceiling meant the floor of my apartment. I splayed my hands on the bar and shuddered leaving The billy bat forgotten about.

"What..the fuck did you just say?" you know how people tell you,'Oh there's that mamma bear attitude'? Yeah well Mine was coming out big time. Seeing red, I leapt over the bar Suprised I was able to ignore the pain in my leg, and started to reach for his throat.
"You wanna say that again you confused, little dicked bitch?"  I managed to get one hand around his throat as he started laughing. Twisting my arm so fast and spinning me into his embrace. One arm around my waist and his hand at my throat. Pressing me into him and letting his gold chains cut into the skin.

"Little doll...why would you wanna hurt your new husband? Why would you EVER think you could hurt me in the first place?" That stupid fucking maniacal laugh burst through his lips. Metallic mint again. My heart stopped.. I couldn't breath. I was scratching at his hand and squirming.

"Let..let me go Joker." I was so close to begging. So close to crying. "My husbands dead. And you are not him. This has to be one of your worst jokes yet." I gritted out. Lies. Just another lie in my life.

"Oh ho Haven girl. Don't be lying to daddy. All that chit chats gonna get you hurt.You haven't heard the punchline yet!" His lips moved against my ear. Suddenly he was firing shots again Screaming for everyone to get out while His goons ushered the people through the doors before dragging me to my office.

"No one gets in boys. Kill anyone who even fucking tries." he ordered. An echo of 'yes sir' and 'Gotchya boss' filtered through the now silent room right Up until he slammed my office door shut.

" You are really a crazy bitch ya know that? I like it. That's a passion a real man can get behind!" he spread his arms wide and giggled.

" Yeah if you were a man." I muttered from my chair. Not surprised when he struck out with cane and watched me sprawl out. I spat blood onto my once pristine floor and let out a loose chuckle.

"Oh I see Joker...I get it. Can't handle being told you're not man enough? Afraid of a little demasculination?" I wiped the blood from my face and turned to face him. Spitting more blood in his direction. He paused and watched me with those eerie blue eyes Taking in my position on the floor he smiled. The red on his face seemed to spread out. Flaring a bit in a fucking brilliant contrast on his translucent skin.

"I always wanted a wifey...a pretty little trophy on my belt. Someone to come home to after a long day of...work. Someone I could tell all my stressed to. But all this sweet talk is gonna get ya hurt doll.Trophys really shouldn't talk." He crouched down in front of me,elbows on his knees. I wanted to lash out and beat him to a pulp. "Now love...where did the brat come from? I wanna make sure I know the name of the man I need to kill. Just makes it all sooooo much more....fun." I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes.

"We will not be talking about that man. I fucking refuse. He's already dead and That's the end of it.Besides, Im not your wife Joker. Never would that ever...and I cannot stress this enough...ever marry you."

I was grinding my teeth. One of my many bad habits. He reached out,seemingly to carress my face instead,sliding those long digits my body as my breathing hitched before digging his forefinger through the bandage and into the bullet wound. I hissed and tried to scramble away but his body leaned forward to pin me in place. I couldn't help the scream that bubbled up out of my throat.

"I told you...I warned you....I said it. All that chit chats was gonna get you hurt." He laughed like he had made the best joke ever. Why didn't I listen?

➰➰
Edited October 20.2016
Word Count: 994