Everything Burns

The Looping feed was cut off.

Gordans face was replaced by one I knew all too well. His smile painted on perfectly.

"Well hello kiddies! Uncle Joker here bringing you your daily dose of reality! The circus is in town!" He cackled and held his sides. Wiping an imaginary tear to the side. "Many of you must be thinking, " Oh god why me?" or "oh my..ima die!" well looky looky at that! It rhymed! " He Let loose another cackle. I watched as a fire burned behind those cold blue eyes.

"We wanted to start a party and send out the invitations! Our very own Hayden Lorna aka Alice Denorm is our guest of honour. Lets see how fast you can find me dollface. Arkham has never been so lonely." The camera panned out to follow him as he walked.

Three hooded figures were tied to chairs. A flash of green and red. Blonde and black. Red and black diamonds. I sucked in a breath.

Harley. Mamma Cat. Ivy Boo.

I placed a hand over my stomach fighting the nerves. He had them.

"Lonely as it is..I'm soo happy to have my Harlequinne back." He tore off her hood.

"Pu...puddin'?" She chirped out.

"So my darling doll. Come play! It won't be a party without you!" He smirked at the camera. Eyes blaring into my soul as he pulled back and flung a knife into Ivys leg. Her muffled scream.

I choked on bile.

The streets were worse. I overheard people crying out that the bridge had been blown out and all of the boats too. Everyone was trapped.

A van curved into a stop in front of me. The Lego brothers. The crying baby. Panda. All of them filed out of the van and stood in front of me. Guns drawn.

My breath heavy as I mentally took in where to aim and how to escape.

"Boss man wants ta see ya Haven. " Crybaby called off.

"He's just the man I've been looking for." i scoffed out and made my way towards them. Flashing a flirty look. They all lowered their weapons and prepared to take me into the van. "Too bad ima find him on my own terms." I hissed out. Shooting the Lego brothers and crybaby quickly. Dodging from the Panda who was trigger happy and relished the blood shed.

I flipped over the vans hood and thrust one of the knives out. Satisfied when I heard the crunch of bone and thud of a body. Peaking around the corner I pulled the knife out of his skull. Blood and fur dropping to the cold wet cement.

Suddenly snow began to fly down. Flurries of it. Coating the burning bloody world in purity.

I wanted my daddy Because I was way down. Thinking that maybe this is what we get when we embrace the truth. The world really is set to burn. Everything burns. No matter how pretty things look or sound.

I had dared to look the Devil in the eye. And his demons were running me down until I couldn't even crawl anymore. One bad day.

He had told me that once. One bad day can push you to be someone you would never wanna be but were meant to. Fate was never altered. Fate was an elegant cruel bitch who loved to pour salt in the wounds.

I sat on my heels. Wanting to tear apart his mind to see if what he was saying was true. Scared to death to find out what he had planned for me. We had already lost our common bond. I had found my sanity. We just didn't click even if that was a blatant lie and he even knew it.

There would always be a part of us that recognized the other half.

Lost in thought I had made it to the gates of Arkham. Surprised to find that it was quieter than the city. Smaller fires blazed on. But there were no goons.