Conversations & Coffee

Its a really strange thing...realizing how much pain you are in and then to experience some form of kindness by the same hands. Maybe this is how it all starts. Stockholm Syndrome you know? Undergoing enough physical and mental pain so that once kindness is dished out you start to be thankful and don't wanna leave. I wasn't going to put any delusions into what was happening. Joker wasn't a kind man. He wasn't one for sweet gestures and poetry.

"So...I don't think I'm gonna push that button. " I said. Referring to his comment on what would happen if I did make a break for it. Still pinned under him I wiggled to free the leg he had shot.
" uhm...about those pain relievers..." I sighed out. The pain blossoming all over. He smirked and reached into his pocket.

"Had the goons empty your place out. Haha. Couldn't let ...my little wifey wouldn't be missing anything. Gotta give you the best..." he placed two on my tongue and closed my mouth. No water. No anything to help me wash these down. Swallowing pills dry is the worst. The residue on my tongue and the thick lumps in my throat. Like I said,Horrible.

"About this wifey thing...what the fuck is that about?"

"So...you remember us fucking...but nothing else? Woman! I give you a whole new view on the world..which you gladly took in and participated in...only for you to remember the physical aspects. Go figure." he let out a cackle and covered his smile with his tatted hand. I frowned and went to speak but he started before I could. "My dear...after we left your pathetic apartment we went out and had a blast on the town. Literally. But my favorite was forcing a minister by gun point to marry us." He stared at me. That smile on his hand still covering his mouth.

"W-we got married? This isnt a sham? Not some kind of game?"

"Everything is a game!" he pushed himself off the bed and paced the room. " the whole world is a game. Everything is so serious. You are born, forced to live, forced to conform to society. But what I wanna do is give the world a push into reality. That reality is madness. Chaos!! Fucking deliriously,delicious,decadent chaos. And now I have a real queen and princess by my side!" he started up that laugh again. Dragging a hand through that slicked back green hair. I made my way to the edge of the mattress and clutch the comforter in my hands.

"So I'm a fucking pawn on this bitch ass chess board of yours right?!" I couldn't even convey the anger I felt. " Answer me this Jay...why me? Why did you ask for me at my club?"he tilted his head and smiled big. The light glittering on his silver capped teeth.

"Who better than the Queen of the Underground trades?" I sucked in a sharp breath. Queen of the Underground Trades. So he knew. When Wild Card had been passed to me after the...untimely death of my Boss Togan, I had taken on his responsibilities of Gothams Black Trade Market. Dictating the orders for the mobs and villains alike. My dad didn't know this part. I had started out as a dancer there...and made an impression quick. No one fucks with me and had lived to tell about it. No..while I didn't kill them I used my persuasions to get others to. I had been ruling things for a while now and yet everyone thought I was a middle man. No one knew I was the Queen.

"How did you find out?"

"Nothing gets away from the King unnoticed."

I bit my lip, and looked up at him again.

"I wanna see my daughter."

He paused his pacing and headed to the door. With an over the top Grand gesture to walk out of the door first I smirked.

"You are so fuckin weird." I laughed out. Heading across the hall and I placed my hand on the doorknob and I opened the door slowly and stood there. She lay sleeping on her bed of fluffy pink blankets with barbies surrounding her. It was fit for a princess. This was the room I had dreamed of giving her once we left Gotham and its shit. I had been saving everything to give her what she deserves and Jay did it without a thought.

"What the hell man...when did you even find time for any of this?!" I whispered into his ear. He pulled me into the hallway and closed the door softly behind him and dragged me back into my room.
He closed my door and pushed me onto the couch in front of the tv.

"I wanted you guys comfortable. I can't have the Queen angry. You have a lot of connections that I need."

"You didn't want me angry? You didn't want me angry but you had no trouble hurting me?!You had no problem making me bleed?!" I started to scream.

He grabbed me and shoved me down so he could look down on me.

"Bad girls get bad punishments. How will you ever learn to obey if I don't put you in your fucking place? You need a better life for your daughter.. That means money. I have plenty. I need your connections and you to do your fucking job. I'm the king if you'll be my queen...but you yell at me again and ill fucking rip out your wind pipe and play it like a flute."

I couldn't have stopped shaking even if I tried. I was pissed to the point of seeing red. I wanted to rip those blue eyes out of his face and make him eat them like grapes.

"Better start practicing on that because I don't stop for any man. You might be a villian...the worst Gotham birthed from the sum of the gutters..but I refuse to ever let a man break me again. Threaten me or my daughter and ill destroy you. No crime..no matter how big or bad...will ever bring you back to where you are now." he tightened his grips on my arms till I was sure there would be finger prints in the bruises. Wait..does he even have finger prints.. I shook my head from driving thoughts to the crazed man above me.

"A regular warrior Queen huh...I have toys..and I would love to watch them on you." he leaned in further. Contaminating me with that metallic mint. I struggled to breath though it. "I would just get off by watching your body run red with that blood again. Or to see.." he moved his mouth to my ear. " more of the welts on your beautiful ass as I spank it again."

Hello? Hotline to my vagina? You rang? I shuddered for a whole new reason.

" So you like pain huh?" I whispered. It was low and guttural and not me. Jesus H Christ I was a slut for this shit. I'm pretty sure Arkham would have a feild day with me if they ever wanted to probe into my psyche and my rage to be conquered while fighting it.

"Oh Haven Doll...I've barely scratched the surface with you." he pushed off of me and walked to the door. "I have some scheming to plan. Lots to do..so little time. Feel free to wander. My men know not to fuck with your or Claire. And frost will be shadowing you. Just a bit of advice, he likes to strangle. Don't run darling. Tata!" and he was gone.

I groaned and shoved a pillow from the couch over my face and screamed into it. I needed coffee. I needed it right now.

I padded to the door and strode out on a mission. I know we had passed by it on the way up, so I knew going down was the first thing. Finally finding it I was delighted to spot a coffee pot in use and full.

"Ma'am. The cups are right above it." a chilly voice broke the silence. I twisted fast enough I fell over.

"Jesus H Christ boy! I'm buying you tap shies!" Frost just smirked and nodded his head back to the cabinet.

"Like I said. The cups are there." and he retracted to join the shadows again.

"Alrighty then...thanks!" A smile was there as I found bright yellow cups the size of my face. Ohhhh its like christmas!! I sighed into the cup and let the aroma fill me with peace before making my way back to the room. Ever aware of the silent shadow following me.

<<A little note from me to you!
I have a bit of a question if any ones willing to reply? Is this too dry? Too long?  I've never written a fanfic before...and truthfully this is the longest I've ever written. I just really liked the idea I came up. Lol. Thanks for reading though. Like...seriously. I'm in awe I even had over 20. Yay me! Haha 💝Bug>>