[ 03 ]

soft, soothing music filled the house with peace and comfort, soft chattering fading away into the background. the house was decorated with pastel streamers and balloons. wooden floor shined brightly from being mopped once too many times.

"nos dejó el rock!" a familiar hispanic yelled, switching the radio to a more upbeat song, sang with spanish words.

keith's head perked up, immediately recognizing the song as the same one that rosalina had played in her car. everyone in the group of friends were all gathered in shiro's house, which was quite large for someone living on his own. there were some friends that were invited who weren't part of the weirdo squad, but everyone was having a great time at this sleepover. even Rosalina, lance's sister, got invited at the last minute.

"ehh, this party is lit!" rosalina cackled, her chocolate brown hair with blazing blonde tips cupping her freckled face perfectly, "can't believe you never invite me to these, lance!"

lance sat criss-crossed on his blue sleeping bag, his arms crossed together and pouting in his sister's directions, "this isn't a party, asshat! it's a sleepover. get it right."

the smartaleck comment left rosalina feeling quite agitated, which caused a fight to blossom between them. in the corner of the living room, pidge and hunk were having a heated debate about whether anime or manga was better. that left Keith and Shiro.

of course, they didn't talk much to one another, but they're still quite close. In fact, shiro was the first person keith had gotten the guts to come out of being female before. pidge came in second for that, and then it was hunk and allura. lance doesn't know. he doesn't need to know. no one needed to know, but it was up to kogane to figure out if someone deserved to know his one and only secret. well, maybe he has two secrets, but the other must stay hidden in the depths of his emotions.

lance escaped rosa's undeniably scary wrath and sat himself down on the couch next to keith. that was shiro's cue to stand up and leave, occupying the older hispanic and maybe make several attempts at calming her down. their eccentric ways must run in the sanchez family, keith thought.

"who wants to watch a movie?"

shay, a makeup artist who is also hunk's girlfriend, stood ready at the front of the room in her pastel yellow pajamas. she had makeup on her face, making her look like some sort of alien from the galaxies. her blonde hair was tied up neatly into a ponytail.

the artist grinned as she held up multiple movie discs. the squad cheered in agreement to her offer; they hated it whenever she was sad or upset, so everyone did their best to make her time with them the best she's ever had.

"so," the blonde smiled with elation, "we have a bunch of movies here! but i'm picking my top threes and we'll vote on what we'll watch first. let's see... ah, lilo & stitch is a good one, isn't it? maybe we could connect to Netflix and watch stranger things! Ooh, or mean girls, even!"

"is nobody going to mention the girl's taste in movies cannot be put into one category in any way?" rosa whispered dubiously to shiro, "like... lilo & stitch? that's a movie for kids! but then she switched to stranger things, and although i'm not sure what the movie is about, it sounds hideous."

shiro hold his hand up to nicely push rosa away, giving him his personal space, "it isn't a bad thing though. it just means we have more movies to pick from."

the older sanchez shrugged, her lips turning into a pout. everyone voted for the movie they wanted, which included much arguing- some almost turning into a full-blown fight-, before everyone decided on watching stranger things. everyone got comfortable, hunk and pidge down in the kitchen making food for the others to enjoy.

"so," keith started off, sitting down gently on the couch next to lance, "you must get along with your sister. i mean- siblings who love each other fight a lot, don't they?"

the hispanic shrugged, pouting in a way that made keith see the resemblance between the two brothers and sisters. he sighed, "shut up, won't you? i'm trying to watch the movie- not get interrupted by someone i barely know just to have him ask stupid, irrelevant questions."

"hey!"

shiro turned around and let out a loud 'shh!', whipping his head around back to the large tv screen. the two boys glared daggers at each other before crossing their arms, turning around to face their back against each other like a bunch of toddlers that are unwilling to apologize to one another.

minutes after, pidge walked out from the kitchen with two bowls of salad, one for keith and one for themself.

keith took the food with joy before glancing over to lance, "hey, uh, pidge? doesn't lance want some? unless he's a hardcore meat eater..."

pidge kicked the two boys over to make room for themself, sitting down and munching on the fork they had in their mouth with a bored expression, "trust me, he doesn't want to eat this."

"why?"

"for the love of god!" shiro shouted, throwing his arms in the air in frustration, "could everyone please be quiet? i'm trying to enjoy a movie here!"

"shut up, shiro!"

[NOTES]:

i apologize for this chapter being nothing but comic relief + has nothing to do with the actual plot!!!! i just wanted to show the minor part of everyone's relationships with one another and how they treat each other in casual get-togethers like this;;

so,,, you'll have real plot-related stuff next chapter!! i might not update soon, and I'm terribly sorry in advance.

also..... we reached 200 views!! thank you everyone that is helping me out with the story and correcting some of my mistakes :^) also,, thank you for reading my story and commenting such nice things about it!

that's all for now. bye~