04 ♂ caught in the act

After watching multiple movies, the group was entirely exhausted.

Hunk yawned and reached for the digital alarm clock sitting on the counter, the digits showing '1:27 AM.' He sighed and got up, yawning once more.

"It's pretty late now. I'm just gonna go crash in Shiro's guest room. Laters." He announced, stumbling outside of the living room. Pidge called out and followed him, probably going to fight him to see who deserved the bed.

At this point, Shay and Allura had already fallen asleep on the floor. No one dared to wake them up- they get really frustrated when woken up without reason.

Shiro inhaled sharply and got up from the floor, rubbing at his eyes. He turned his attention to Keith and Lance.

"You boys go get some sleep in my old room." He said, pointing to the room that's in between of the guestroom Pidge and Hulk was sharing and the room Shiro had.

Lance's mouth gaped open, "Me? Share a room with that guy?! I've only met him for a couple of hours but I already hate him!"

"What's your deal, man?" Keith retorted, his voice booming, "What, you're afraid to share a room with me or something?"

"Afraid?! Fuck you! I'm not afraid! So what if we share a room? Let's go, asshat!"

And they continued their bickering, even after slamming the door to their room shut. What were they arguing about again?

Keith crossed his arms together, "I call dibbs on the bed."

"Dibbs?!" Lance shouted angrily, "What are you, 12? That bed is fucking mine. I'm not letting some mullethead take it." After saying those words, he quickly slipped under the covers before Keith could talk, his back facing the other in an attempt of telling him to try again next time.

The Korean placed a single hand on his hip, "Look, you gotta stop being so grumpy and ju-"

"Shut it, you girly-ass shit."

He stopped.

Keith inhaled sharply, his hands shaking in an attempt to not turn into fists. He sat on the wooden floor, the ground freezing against him, and he laid down and used his own arm as a pillow.

'Fuck, not now. Please don't please don't please don't pl-'

No matter how strong he was, there was no way he could just ignore the offensive remark Lance had thrown at him so suddenly. Didn't he try to change because he hated all the insults coming at him? All the stereotypical comments?

Yet, here he was, crying on the floor.

He had a habit of hyperventilating while crying, didn't he? He almost forgot. It's been... a long time.

Keith tried to even out his breaths as he buried his face into his jacket, taking quick breaths and calming himself down.

The sheets on the bed rustled noisily before he felt a pair of eyes staring holes into his back.

"Are you..." The Hispanic slowed down and tried to speak in a softer tone, "Are you crying..?"

The boy on the floor stopped and let out a chuckle, which ended with a loud voice crack.

"In your dreams."

Lance jumped off the bed and crawled over, looking down at Keith's face which was covered up by his jacket and arms.

"Dude. Are you actually crying over an insult?" He mumbled gently.

There it is.

You can't really escape the stereotypical views of genders even when you change your entire identity, huh?

It almost made him regret wasting his mom's money on all this unneeded stuff.

Speaking of stuff...

"I need to use the bathroom." Keith managed to wheeze out, his chest feeling heavier than ever.

Lance sat down on his butt and looked away, feeling horrible that he made that annoying boy cry like this. Who knew he was so weak? Lance obviously didn't.

Keith staggered down the dark hallways and stumbled inside a bathroom, gasping for air.

He slipped out of his shirt, frantically grabbing at the edges of his binder and pulling it upwards, making it easier for him to breathe properly.

Another problem.

He can't go back to the room without his binder. He won't be able to breathe properly with his binder on overnight.

Keith took his phone out from the pockets of his jeans and went through his contacts.

< pidge, i need some help
< please be awake
< this is important
> i'M UP WHAT'S UP
< long story short im crying in the bathroom and i can't breathe
> f UCKING
> IM COMING WAIT FOR ME
< im not gonna go anywhere

Knock! Knock! Knock!

That was surprisingly quick.

Keith put on his shirt, the fabric showing the bump on his chest now that he got rid of the binder. He got up, wiped at his eyes, and opened up the door.

Oh no.

Oh no.

His eyes widened in fear.

The person knocking wasn't Pidge.

The phone that he had in his hand buzzed.

> ok but which bathroom are you in there are like 5,000

Fuck.

It was Lance.