Trek.

JACK POV, for those of you wondering about his fate.

I shiver. My name is Jack Savage, one of the best Zootopia Secret Service agents,and I survived the apocalypse. Through no fault of my own.

I don't even remember most of it. I just remember waking up alone, in the ruins of Zootopia.

Surprisingly, my first thought was of the officers. I'd grown more attached to them than I'd originally planned.

My second thought was for the other ZSS agents, Darcy, Lexi, Gareth, Becca, Marcel, Darir. There's so many I've grown attached to in the past couple of weeks.

I don't even know if any of them made it.

The compound was built to survive anything, but I doubt the designers were thinking on this scale. Our entire world is morphing.

As far as I can tell, as I trek through the uninhabited land circling Zootopia, the Earth is resetting itself. Slowly, painfully. We brought it right up to the point of collapse, and held it on the brink for a long time. Now it's rewinding everything. I wonder how that'll affect us, as animals. Will we revert? I don't know, and I don't think anyone does.

So that's why I'm trekking through the wasteland, to get to the compound. To get to the ZSS. To be given a mission. To set things right.

I've seen groups of mammals off in the distance, especially near the coast, but I keep my head down and don't alert anyone to my presence.

All around me is beautiful, lush evergreen forests, with trees hundreds if years old, older than Zootopia itself. They're outlasting our civilization. I find something about that comforting. These trees have been through storms, winds, time, and mammals, and they still stand tall and proud. There's hope for us yet.

Before I'd left the city, I had grabbed a gun and some ammunition clips from one of the ZSS's citywide caches. I'm now carrying it, out of old habit, drilled into my by countless instructors. Gun in hand. Safety on. Loaded. Elbow bent. Barrel pointed at the ground. Identify target before shooting. Don't shoot blind.

I wonder what happened to Hopps and Wilde. After they'd stormed off, all I could think of was the anger on their faces, and the curl of their fists.

Judy made it seem that I had single handedly put the entire city in jeopardy.

And all I'd ever tried to do was save it.