Send Off

Judy's POV

We've left Zootopia, and we're walking home. To my family. I'm singing, skipping, dancing. Everything seems new and clean and positive when you're not surrounded by fluctuating weather and a broken city.

I can see Nick, just out of the corner of my eye, smiling at me, and I don't care that he's watching, that ANYONE is watching.

I lift my arms out from my sides and run, pretending I'm flying. I trick myself into believing I am.

Nicks paws slip around my waist, and he lifts me up face to face with him. I could break free if I wanted to, but who says I want to? I press a small kiss to his lips and hug his neck, hands barely touching.

He kisses my neck, my shoulder, my ear. When he speaks, his voice is low and rough. "Carrots, unless you remove yourself from my arms right now, you may find yourself in for more than you bargained for. My self control will slip away in 3...2...1..."

I laugh, kissing him and jumping away at the last second. "Nuh-uh, Nicky Wicky. I'm not going to be that easy." I tease, darting away, listening to him follow me as we head farther away from our broken home and closer to my house.

I stop, letting him catch up. "Just so that we're clear, you're the only one that can call me that." He pants, grinning wolfishly.

"And that's the way it should be," I say, letting him come close again, as we walk our fur brushes.

(Sorry for the short, late, meaningless chapter. I've had a bust couple of days. Love you guys!)