Two Weeks, Several Decades Later.

I listen to the rush of her breaths.

We've given up in sleeping in separate beds. I have night terrors too often, and I think she has more than she tells me, and we both cope with them with someone else there, to bring us back to our reality.

Nothing else happens, to which Finnick can attest to.

Finnick's getting better, but he's quieter. The apocalypse will do that to you. I hope it's just the end of the world that's sobered him. There's no doctors or hospital to take him to.

Two weeks. That seems to be our lucky number. Two weeks since we found the regulator. It feels like decades.

Judy murmurs in her sleep, twisting into the sheets. Her eyebrows draw together, in a worried way. I gently rub her back, in hopes to bring her away from wherever she's drifting. I'd like to keep her here with me, no matter how scarred the world may be. It's still ours.

I can't sleep. I feel like I'm all alone, even with Judy's warmth bleeding into my side.

But it's a good alone, a quiet, thinking, comfortable alone. I've never feared loneliness, fox aren't social by nature. It does me some good, stepping back and clearing my head every once in a while. It wakes me up. Judy has the same affect, but she's more distracting, with her bright, inquisitive, purple eyes and long, quick, ears. I still can't believe that she has even condescended to allow me to share space with her.

It's not that she's stuck up, never! She's one if the most generous souls I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She just has this air, aura, of power, intelligence, capability, whatever you want to call it. She is living poetry in a world still struggling to understand the alphabet.

But maybe I'm biased.

I shift onto my side and stare down at her. It's a pretty landscape, but my thoughts are far away.

There's so many questions. Where did Savage go? I can't imagine him NOT surviving, he had that same capability about him Judy had and has. For all of his faults, he is a ZSS agent.

Gazelle. Clawhauser, Lionheart. My family. I don't know where any of them are, or even if they're alive.

The odds are set against them all being alive, but Clawhauser and my family are my real concerns. Let other mammals worry about the celebrities.