• nine •

__

   "How the hell did you get 312? I got something completely different."

  Jaebum hated math. Mostly because he sucked at it.

   Youngjae had been explaining the same question to him for the past hour and he was still confused. They had less than a week before exams.

  They studied all night and Jaebum was finally starting to understand a bit.

  When he came back from the bathroom he found Youngjae asleep, his arms resting on the living room table.

  Even in his sleep, Youngjae looked so kind. He was beautiful. The most beautiful being Jaebum had laid eyes on. He couldn't help himself so he reached over and gently moved his fingers over his face. Touching his eyebrows, caressing his soft cheeks. His heart beat fast again.

  Youngjae stirred in his sleep and Jaebum quickly removed his hand. But Youngjae didn't wake up.

  He picked him up and took him to his bed. He covered him up, and before leaving he took one last look at him. He was an angel. A beautiful angel.
___

  School was weird the next morning. Everyone stared at Jaebum. Girls stared at him all the time, but not like this. Some looked angry, and some looked grossed out?

  "Why did you just use girls like that? You could of just told them so they didn't have to waste their time chasing after someone who would never like them," a girl says.

  "What are you talking about?"

  "You could of just told us," another girl said.

  "Told you what?" he was getting frustrated now.

  "That you're. . . gay," replied another.

  He froze.

  "What are you talking about?" he panicked.

   One of the girls showed him her phone. He stared at it wide-eyed.

  It was a picture of him and Youngjae. Hugging in the bathroom. From yesterday.

  He realized then that someone must of been listening and watching from one of the stalls.

  "Okay, so what? It's just two dudes hugging?" he said awkwardly.

  "You two look pretty cozy to me. And you, you never allow anyone to put a finger on you," the girl said.

  At that moment Youngjae and his friends walked in laughing amongst themselves.

  "There he is!" A girl yelled pointing in his direction.

  Jaebum turned around and saw him. He looked confused, but he didn't blame him.

  "Congratulations Choi Youngjae, you're the luckiest guy in this school!" the girl squealed at him.

  Him and his friends looked at each other confused.

  "Why is that?" asked Jackson.

  "Because he's dating the hottest person in this school!"

  "Niceeee dude!" Bambam cheered and patted him on the back. "Why didn't you tell us? Who is she?"

  "Im Jaebum!" answered the girl.

  Bambam, Jackson and Mark's jaws dropped to the floor.

  Youngjae froze.

  "Oh dude, if you roll that way, it's cool," Bambam said, "just didn't expect it to be Im Jaebum. . ."

  Youngjae looked around and came eye to eye with Jaebum. He gave him a questionable look but got no answer. Instead he saw him come forward and take his hand.

  He didn't have time to react.

  "Alright, you've figured it out," Jaebum announced, still holding his hand, "we are dating."

  "What the hell are you doing?" Youngjae whispered trying to snatch his hand away.

  He was pulled by Jaebum and soon enough he found himself in an empty classroom.

  "I know you're probably really confused. Someone took a picture of us when we were hugging in the bathroom and everyone saw it, so they assume we're dating," he explained.

"Okay. . . so we could of told them it was just a friendly hug? Why would you tell people we're dating?"

"Because this way, girls will leave me alone, I won't have girls crying and confessing to me everyday..."

  But that of course wasn't the real reason. This was the only way he could keep Youngjae close.

"That's not my problem," Youngjae argued and got ready to leave only to be stopped by Jaebum grabbing onto his wrist.

  "Please, you can tell your main friends that it's just an act I forced you in."

   For some reason Youngjae couldn't say no. Maybe it was because he wished this was real.
___

"Their relationship is definitely fake," he overheard some girl say.

  "Exactly, one hug doesn't prove anything."

  "Guys hug each other all the time."

  He had been waiting for Youngjae outside. he wanted to publicly walk with Youngjae to make their fake relationship more realistic. But mostly because he really wanted to walk home with him.

  "He's probably doing this for more attention."

  Youngjae finally came out. Jaebum tried to ignore everything that was being said around him.

  "Let's walk home together."

  "Um, okay."

  "They are trying way too hard to make this believable." The people around them continued.

  "They want a believable couple? They'll get one." Jaebum thought to himself.

  "Come on let's g-"

  Youngjae was interrupted by Jaebum's lips against his.