• eleven •

Warning: this chapter is a bit sad.
Also it's pretty short so I apologize.
  _____

  This is something Youngjae never thought he'd see. Jaebum was crying?

  Youngjae felt his grip tighten around his waist and he could feel the his body shaking from his sobs. He didn't know what to do, and he was never good at comforting people so he just stood there allowing Jaebum to take his time till he could calm back down.

  He gently patted his back since he couldn't find any other way to comfort him.

  "Are you alright?" he asked when he heard the sobs becoming more faint.

  Jaebum let go and backed a bit away. "I'm sorry, I just. . . I know how you feel now. I feel so terrible for allowing Jinyoung and Yugyeom and myself to treat you so terribly all this time," he managed to choke out through his tears.

"...I just stood there as they threw food at you, and now I know how you must of felt," he rambled on. He couldn't get himself to stop, he had so much he wanted to say.

  "Jaebum, its really okay. It's not a big deal," he tried to explain. "Are you sure that that's the only thing bothering you. You're Im Jaebum, you wouldn't cry because you got good thrown at you. You're tougher than that," he paused. "What is really bothering you?" he asked carefully.

   Jaebum had been looking at his hands in his lap the whole time and finally lifted his head to look at Youngjae. He didn't speak but Youngjae could read it in his sad eyes that something was wrong.

  "Do you wanna skip class and get out of here? I know that the last thing you wanna do is listen to teachers ramble on and on."

  "Choi Youngjae is willing to skip class for me?" he asked dramatically but managed to crack a small smile.

   "Yes, I can tell you're hurting right now, so forget class."

  Somehow he had managed to convince the principal to allow them to leave. She had mostly agreed because he had never gotten in trouble and had perfect grades. She couldn't find any reasons to not allow him to take care of his sick friend and take him home.

   "Can we walk around for a bit and not head home just yet?" Jaebum asked.

  He nodded. As long as Jaebum was okay, that's all he was worried about.

  They stopped near an almost empty park and sat on a bench.

   "About earlier-"

    "-You don't have to explain it to me," Youmgjae interrupted.

   "I do. I want to tell you this..." he began and tightened his knuckles, trying to keep himself from tearing up again.

   Youngjae looked at him and listened.

   "...For a long time, I've been alone... When I was twelve years old," he paused and gulped, "I l-lost my parents in a car accident," tears formed in his eyes.

   Youngjae's eyes widened. He had not known that Jaebum had gone through so much pain.

  "...They meant everything to me, and just like that, they were taken away from me, vanished," he couldn't control the tears that ran down his face. He had never shared this story with anyone before, and now that he finally was, he felt a bit of a relief.

   Youngjae didn't know what to say, it broke his heart. "I'm so sorry..."

  Jaebum smiled through his tears. "Don't be, I want to thank you."

   "Thank me?"

  "I've been alone for a long time, but now I don't feel as alone with you around... You've treated me so nicely even when I treated you like crap, and I want to apologize for that. I really appreciate you, and I'm glad that you came into my life," he finally admitted.

  Youngjae smiled then, a big, bright smile.

  The sun suddenly appeared brighter as he saw Jaebum smile back down at him.

  He wasn't going to ask more about how the accident happened, or try to force him to open up because when Jaebum was ready, Youngjae would be there to listen and comfort him as best as he could.