• twenty •

___

"Oh sweetie thank god you're here," Youngjae ran towards his mom as they had finally reached the hospital.

"How is he?"

"I don't know, the doctor told me to just be patient . . . god I'm so worried how can I stay calm?"

Jaebum gently squeezed her shoulder as reassurance. He knew what this feeling was like, afraid to lose someone you love, because he had. "All we can do is wait and hope for the best," he frowned.

She placed her hand atop his and hugged both of them. Youngjae wiped her tears and sat her down.

The wait felt like hours, Jaebum's eyes constantly following Youngjae as he paced nervously back and forth. The sun outside had disappeared as a dark shadow had coated over the Earth, or maybe the mood they were in made it appear that way.

Youngjae stopped pacing and ran towards the doctor that was walking their way, his mom and Jaebum following.

"How is he doctor?" her voice shook as she spoke.

"Don't worry ma'am, your husband will be okay. We were able to stop the bleeding, he just needs some rest but he'll be okay."

Jaebum could feel how the sun appeared again, the sighs of relief that echoed around him, the way Youngjae's mother's teary smile appeared on her face again, he felt his own mouth form a smile as well. He was happy. No one wanted to hear bad news about their loved ones. Youngjae's father wasn't the nicest, but he knew deep down he was a good man who didn't deserve to die and Jaebum hoped that one day he'd be accepting towards him and his relationship to his son, and most importantly he'd treat Youngjae better. He was given a second chance at life, and hopefully he would use it to improve as a man, and as a father.

He had finally awoken a few hours later and was greeted by all three of them. Jaebum saw how his expression changed when he noticed him there too.

"Can I have a moment to speak to you alone?" he asked him later on.

Youngjae looked confused and wanted to refuse but Jaebum agreed.

It was just the two of them then, a quietness surrounded the room making Jaebum nervous.

"Do you love my son?" he finally spoke.

It was a sudden question but Jaebum was quick to reply, "I do."

"Then break up with him."

His whole body froze. He should have seen this coming.

"No."

"No?"

"I love him and I will not break up with him. I don't care what you think but he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. The only person that can put a smile on my face, he's the sunshine that brightens up my darkness," he paused. "If you truly care and love your son than who he dates or who he loves shouldn't be a problem, you should be proud of him no matter what.

He expected a remark from him but instead noticed the smile that slowly formed. The first time he had seen him genuinely smile.

"That's what I wanted to hear, now I know that you're worthy of my son's love. I also apologize for how I acted when I first found out, I was a jerk and overreacted. It was a lot to take in but you've proven to me that you really do love my son and you make him very happy, the happiest I've ever seen him. "

___

Youngjae's father was released from the hospital two weeks later and had become a better man. He also grew closer to his son and got to understand him more.