• fourteen •

___

  Brightness shone through the curtains and filled the small room.

  Jaebum growned and slowly opened his eyes and came face to face with Youngjae. His eyes closed as he slept peacefully.

  He remembered the night before and smiled to himself. Youngjae had stayed by his side the whole night, he hadn't lied. They lay across each other, their hands intertwined between them. Only their knees touching one another.

  The blanket came up, covering his mouth and a bit of his nose. He took a good look at his features at that moment and softly ran his thumb over his eyebrow and moved slowly down his straight curved nose, then gently touched his cheek with his knuckles. The smooth skin against his rough hands.

  He grabbed at the blanket and brought it down, no longer covering his slightly opened mouth. He stared at those lips, the lips he had kissed in front of many students.

   The kiss that made Youngjae mad at him. He had not meant to make the kiss seem so meaningless and as if he was using Youngjae. For him it wasn't like that at all.

   At that moment, he leaned close and when his lips were near his, Youngjae stirred in his sleep and he quickly backed  away before his eyes flew open.

  Youngjae's eyes widened and then he seemed to calm down when he remembered the night before.

  "Are you feeling better?" he asked in his sleepy tone.

  Jaebum quickly replied, trying to act as natural as possible and not making it obvious that he had almost kissed him a second ago. "Yes, I'm much better."

   Youngjae yawned and nodded, "That's good," his eyes came down to their intertwined fingers and his eyes widened again and he hurried to remove his hand, " S-sorry," he stuttered apologetically.

  Jaebum was a bit disappointed at his action but just smiled and got out of bed. "We're gonna be late for class."

  Youngjae quickly jumped out of bed and hurried to his room.

  Jaebum stared at himself in the mirror, his hand on his heart. What was this he was feeling? Why was his heart beating uncontrollably fast every time he touched or was near Youngjae?

   He couldn't help thinking of those lips, the lips he wished to kiss once again. The softness of them from that day still lingered and he somehow craved to kiss him once more.

   He had never felt this way about anyone and he wasn't sure what it all meant. He had never experienced anything like this before. He punched his chest and whispered, "Control yourself."

__

   They headed to school together. Jaebum trying not to stare too much at him on the bus ride there.

  Class was lame as usual. People had somehow calmed down about the whole relationship thing and people had seemed to have figured out that it wasn't a real relationship from someone who had heard Youngjae explain it to his friends during lunch days ago.

  As Youngjae sat in the art room, he was greeted by Yuni, a great artist from his class.

  "Hi," she smiled and sat next to him. "You always seem to be here early."

He shyly smiled back, "I thought I'd be inspired for the contest if I was in the art room. . . but that doesn't seem to be the case."

  "Yes I've heard you're going to do the contest. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll come up with something."

  "Are you running?" he asked.

Yuni looked down and played with the hem of her shirt shyly, "I d-don't think so. . . I have no chance against you and other amazing artists," she admitted.

  Youngjae frowned and disagreed, "You definitely have a chance. I've seen your drawings and they are really good," he said with all honesty.

  She looked up then and had the biggest smile on her face. "R-really? You think so? Hearing that from you means a lot to me!"

He smiled too and nodded. "You should enter the contest."

  She agreed and thanked him once again.

   They talked a lot about art and their ideas for the contest throughout the whole class period. He had finally met someone who he could relate to when it came to art.

  They sat outside in a bench talking about their parents not accepting the fact that they wished to major in art.

  "I've never related to someone before like this," she admitted.

   He agreed and they continued to talk while the other students played soccer and other sports.

  "Ooo Youngjae got game," Bambam dabbed in their direction.

  Mark and Jackson looked at the direction and saw him sitting down with Yuni and chatting. He didn't seem to have heard Bambam since they were pretty far.

  "Awww Yuni is so cute, he made a good choice," Jackson squealed excitedly. "The art couple."

Mark laughed and his eyes caught Jaebum's. He had been staring at them, looking a bit confused and then Mark saw how he turned and looked where Youngjae was.

   His expression changed quickly at the sight, Mark noticed how he seemed to tense up a bit then turned back and walked away.

  "What's all that about?" Mark thought to himself.

  "You'll be inspired though, think of something that makes you happy," she suggested. "Don't over think it too much, let your feelings and heart create the art piece."

  "Thank you, that's very helpful, same goes for you. Remember that you're very talented and do have a chance in the contest," Youngjae smiled and stood up, "It was nice talking to you."

  "W-wait. . . is it okay if I can get your number?" she shyly asked.

  This was the first time a girl was asking for his number, it was surprising. "Sure," he nodded happily and they exchanged numbers and said bye.

___

   When he got home, he expected to be greeted by a smiling Jaebum, but instead he was harshly pushed against a wall by a furious Jaebum.

  "W-what are you doing?" he asked surprised and a bit afraid.

   "Do I mean nothing to you?!!" he yelled angrily as his fist collided with the wall.