Chapter one

[Stefan's P.O.V]
Things with Elena have been going really great, it's been a year since we've officially been dating.

Well a year tomorrow.

I've already done the sappy re-create the first date thing with the rose.

So I've got to come up with something super romantic and special.

Ooo I've got it a romantic get away.

First I'll make a nice dinner for us, I'll surprise her with our bags packed.

I'll swoop her off her feet and we will head to where ever we want.

My family has a lake house, we can go there.

Why haven't I thought of this before I mean it's been a year.

A lot has happened over the year; Caroline found a new guy, um I think his name is klaus I can't really remember.

They're happy.

And Elena's aunt found someone too his name is Alaric from what I hear, Elena likes him.

Well last thing that is kind of important, Damon emailed. I saw him the a year in a half ago when he came back from New York but than he mysteriously disappeared again.

His message was odd;

Dear Stefan,
I hope life is doing you well, I have left because I simply don't care whether or not your face catches my vision.

A little birdie told me that you and Elena finally got together. Just so you know that birdie was Caroline.

She told me when you two broke it off.

Don't be mad at her be mad at me or better yet Elena.

Okay, okay, I admit it at the first of this letter I lied, I hope life is doing you terrible.

From what I've heard it's not going exactly how I've hoped.

You may think this is all coming out of the blue, but if you think about it it's not.

It's all about momentum my friend. At least that's what a guy named Kai told me.

Well I gots' to go.

Bye:)

I mean we were great friends when he lived here, why all of a sudden does he not want to be friends anymore.

I'm choosing not to think about it unless he comes back than I will talk to him.

I've got to sleep, give my mind a rest.

*the next morning*

"Ah hello, my gorgeous boyfriend, get up!" Elena yelled at me.

"Mm no." I played.

"We have like 5 minutes before the mall opens with big sales and crazy people and you need something to wear to your uncles wedding Tomorrow!"

"How about you get in bed and we can shop later." I said as I tugged her arm to pull her into bed.

I sent her soft kisses on her cheeks up and down her neck, until our lips meant.

She was laughing. I loved that laugh.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that." I smiled.

"I said, I love you." She smiled back.