Chapter five

[Elena's P.O.V]
I woke up with a sore neck, no memory of what has happened. I felt a sticky dried up liquid type thing on my lips.

Looking in the mirror across the wall I see that its red. Wait! I remember.

Damon killed me, but not before feeding me his blood.

I glance across the room to see Stefan leaning against what appears to be a kitchen island.

"Stefan, what's going on?" I quivered.

"Long story, short, you're a vampire." He is joking right..?

"No, you're transitioning, into a vampire." Damon spatted.

All of a sudden memories started flooding back, I remember being unconscious with the slightest bit of hearing.

Oh no.

I have to kill Stefan, or I die.

"Why are you doing this to me—us? I thought Stefan was your brother." I was confused but fear was over-Whelming me.

"Little perk to being a vampire is you're able to turn your emotions off, something you'll probably want to do after you've killed the love of your life." Damon revealed.

I would not, could not ever hurt Stefan.

"Elena it's okay.. if you don't feed you'll die and well, if it had to be you or me, I'd choose you." Stefan was willing to die for me? His words pierced through my heart.

I got up, not without stumbling along the way. I made my way to Stefan.

"Stefan I love you, to me that already says the answer you're not going to die." I wouldn't let Stefan die, as much as I don't want to die either it would be selfish to let Stefan take his life for mine.

Before Stefan could reply I very intensely pushed my lips upon his. He pulled me into a tight embrace.

I could hear his heart pump blood through his body. I could also smell it.

My head was resting on his shoulder right beside his neck.

"Make sure to get his carotid artery, if you do it right you can control the blood flow without it being to messy. Kind of what I want when I bring you in to the sheriffs place so it looks like I found you, not that I or your friend here fed on you." Damon was eager to get me to feed.

"I can't fight you Elena, Damon compelled me." Stefan rolled his eyes.

"I have all day take your time Elena but you'll soon die." Damon smirked.

"Even though this sounds completely insane to me, take a sip. You don't have to kill me." Stefan was right, I only needed a little bit.

I felt something beneath my eyes, I heard Stefan gasp. My gums felt they were on fire, I felt fangs grow.

I jilted my head back then plunged my teeth into Stefan's neck and tasted what was like sugar to a 6 year old kid.

Craving more, like there was some odd reason I couldn't stop—I didn't want to stop.

But I had to.

I pulled away, and wiped my face, Stefan didn't seem too hurt.

"I'm sorry, I never wanted this." Tears ran down my face.

"Hey, I brought you into this mess, as crazy as it sounds you're a vampire now." Hearing it out loud makes it seem even more crazier.

"You were supposed to kill him, whatever If you don't I do." Damon sped to Stefan in a very fast pace, but I stopped him.

"No, I will it's only fair." I looked at Stefan and showed remorse as I knew what I had to do. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

I bit my wrist and quickly fed Stefan my blood and snapped his neck.

"What did you do? No I never intended for Stefan... no!" Damon seemed distressed.

But he told us his emotions were off, he couldn't feel anything.

"You thought there was two options, I added a third." I needed Stefan alive I would never be able to live with myself if he was dead.

"Elena I'm so sorry, I-I, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm such a horrible friend, brother oh my god." Damon cried.

I did feel guilty about not asking Stefan but I knew what he would say, it was selfish and I may loose him but at least he's alive and not feeling guilt for my death.

-
Another short chapter..:/

Idk what this story has turned into at this point. I never intended this to be a vampire book. Haha.

Do you guys like this book?

Comment, vote, & follow.