Chapter fourteen

[Damon's P.O.V]
"Eight people found dead from hurricane Matthew in the United States of America." I heard the tv blurt out from the background.

I was lifting 70 pounder bench press. I like to keep in shape, plus this works off stress.

Getting caught by that blonde Barbie was a mistake, which probably didn't help with my whole Stefan and Elena problem.

Me being here isn't effecting them more worse than good. The only thing keeping me here is what I feel towards Elena.

I've never been totally great at the whole friends concept, even when Stefan and I were friends I still made flirty comments to Caroline.

For the first time since I was turned, I feel alive, and that's because of Elena.

She influences me to be good, keep my humanity on and not ruin my brothers life. 

But I'm sure Elena will benefit from my next decision.

Before I let go of this life I have to write Stefan a letter, explaining why I have taken this sudden departure.

So I guess here is goes:

Dear Stefan,
This is going to a bittersweet message for you to read. But forever a sad one for me to write.

I've decided to leave, not just mystic falls, but everything. Life in general.

This isn't something for you to look back on as a mistake. Look at this as making lemonade out of lemons.

Me staying would of interrupted everything you— and Elena have going for yourselves.

I cannot begin to tell you how many good times you and I have had, how many good times we could've had.

Moving to New York will forever be one of my regrets, but something I will never think of again.

I apologize sincerely for bringing you into the messed up world, you are now living in.
It was a cruel thing to do, not just to you, but Elena who I now consider a great friend.

You're a great brother, son, and boyfriend. Don't doubt yourself. Live happily.

Take care of her, Elena. She's kind, pure, everything I am not. She put you before everything, a girl I'd kill for.

Goodbye, brother. I love you.
                    Sincerely, Damon Salvatore.

I stood up, wiped the tears off my cheeks and picked up the wooden stake.

"Goodbye." I closed my eyes and began to stab myself as I was interrupted by the voice of a girl.

"Don't tell me you're having a pity party too." She, gave me a dirty look.

"Well if it isn't the woman who ruined my life, Lexi Branson." I smirked.

"In the flesh." She shrugged her shoulders. "And by the way, you came to me."

"Not the way I remember it." The night I turned wasn't very clear, but I definitely remembered Lexi's face.

"You didn't remember anything, you were drunk." Lexi furrowed her eyebrows.

"This conversation has been fun, but I'm kind of in the middle of something." I told her.

"What, killing your self? You're smarter than that Damon, that's why I turned you. I don't turn idiots." Lexi snarled.

"I know you, Lexi. You're not mean, so stop acting like you're some, high-class snob." I replied.

"What makes you so sure, I could easily go kill Stefan, or his ex-brat Caroline. Mm or what about Elena, I'm sure that would sting." Lexi breathed through gritted teeth.

"You don't have it in you, but I do owe you a thanks for one thing." I said.

"What, for not telling you what a hideous hair-cut you decided to get, or not racing out that door to kill your dirty little secret." Lexi began to get meaner, and meaner.

"No for giving me a reason to stay alive, besides what's my so called 'dirty little secret.'?" I asked, confused.

"Rumour has it, you've been having a little Elena fetish lately." Lexi always knew exactly what to say, that's why I was never too fond of her.

"Even if that's true, what's it to you?" I questioned.

"Gives me something to threaten you with. I'll give you a choice on which way you can ruin Stefan's life. A, you could send that letter and skip town with me, B, I tell Stefan about your crush on his girlfriend." Lexi threatened.

"What happened to you, Lexi? What made you such a horrible person, are you not satisfied with your own life that you have to get joy from other people's misery? Or is it that your jealous of the life we live?" Lexi fooled us all, she must have turned it off.

"Jealous of the life you guys live? Please, your life is as twisted as it gets." Lexi remarked.

"We may be twisted, but at least we don't hate each other... I'll skip town with you, at least I'll be out of his life to not cause him any other pain." I told her.

"I'll find the stamp." Lexi put a devilish smile on her face.

I'm not sure if the decision I made was the right one, but at least it was a smart one.

-
Very excited for next chapter, I'll probably post it tomorrow after school.

Also, sorry about making Lexi bad. But I think you'll like it come next chapter:)

Vote, comment, & follow!