Chapter ten

[Caroline's P.O.V]
"Caroline you need to come in here!" I heard klaus shout from the other room.

"Why did something happen?" Klaus was great with cara so I didn't expect for something bad to happen, but a first time mom is a worried mom.

"Nothing of the sorts." His British accent rang through my ears.

When I completely entered the room my eyes grew wide. Cara was crawling across the room for the first time.

"Oh my goodness you're such a good little girl! Yes you are!" I cheered in a baby voice While picking her up.

"Ma ma." I gasped as the first words came out of her mouth.

"Ah two in one day!" I smiled as a tear went down my face.

"Love, why are you crying. This is a good thing." Klaus said, moving closer and placed his arm on the small off my back, as he watched cara giggle.

"Their happy tears. It's just I've done a lot of horrible things that I regret, and for so long I regretted getting pregnant. But I brought this beautiful thing into the world. Seeing her grow.." I wiped away a tear, "I never knew it was possible to love something this much. I mean I've been in love with someone before, it was a deep very sentimental love, it doesn't compare to how I love cara though." I explained.

"Can I ask you question, and promise me you'll be completely honest?" Klaus's glare into my eyes was intense.

"Sure." I smiled then pecked his lips.

"Do you still love him? Stefan?" I knew what my answer was.

"I'll always love him, klaus. He was my first love, but I'm not in love with him anymore." I closed my eyes picturing what could've been.

"Kind of hard to compete with a first love." Klaus moved his arm away.

"Hey, he may be my first love but I intend for you to be my last." I walked over to the crib and put cara in for a nap.

"What if I said I didn't believe you." His words made me laugh.

"Then I guess I'll have to make you." I said wrapping my arms around his neck, giving him soft kisses on the lips.

[Elena's P.O.V]
I pulled out my phone to call Caroline and let her know I could baby sit tonight. I listened as I heard the phone ring.

"Hey it's Caroline, leave a message." The voicemail blurted out.

After the beep I began to speak; "hi, I'm just calling back to say I can baby sit tonight, and also to see if maybe tomorrow you wanted to get some drinks, there's a bunch of things I wanna talk about." I paused thinking of anything else I could possibly talk about. But then it told me I couldn't record anymore.

"No answer?" A familiar voice asked me.

"She's probably with klaus, again." I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of him, maybe we should meet him. As a friend of a friend." He smiled.

"Do you think that's a good idea, Stefan?" I said with a concerned tone.

"We've tried the always concerned with each other stuff. It clearly didn't work very well." Stefan remarked.

"It's never going to be the way it was, will it?" I asked.

"Our kiss doesn't change what you did." He looked down.

"I want this to work, but I don't want to try for someone who doesn't feel any affection towards me at all." I admitted.

"It's not that I don't feel anything towards you it's just—" I cut him off.

"Okay, you have had a month and a some to mope, but it's time to grow up and understand why I did what I did. But how am I supposed to feel if I had of let Damon kill you? I didn't think I would've cared so much if you were mad at me, but it kills me!" I shouted.

"You're right. But I'm not just talking about vampirism, you lied. The guilt I felt because I thought I killed Jeremy?" Stefan commented.

"And to think after all the guilt and sorrow you felt towards me you still didn't want me." I couldn't look him straight in the eye, I knew if I did I would be balling.

"Elena.." Stefan put his hand on mine.

"No Stefan, I need a reason to fight, I think I just lost my only one." A tear ran down my face.

"Wait." Stefan said.

"What else could you possibly say to me, don't you see it? I'm broken." I told him.

"I want you, but what does that say about me? I lose all self respect but you know what? You're worth it, because that says more about us than myself. I love you." I turned around to face him.

"I hate fights." I said walking towards him and placing my lips onto his.

He pulled away and added. "Then let's not have them anymore." He smiled.

Things were starting to get better, I liked it.

-
Another shorter chapter, I apologize.

But I'm pleased because I put out two chapters since Monday..? I think.

Vote, comment & follow;)