Chapter thirteen

[Stefan's P.O.V]
*one day earlier*
Caroline left, to go pick Cara up from Elena. So I'm left sitting here confused about what else I could say to Caroline.

She thinks I'm crazy, or no 'a good imagination.' A few minutes ago telling her the truth seemed like a good idea, maybe it was just.. not the right timing.

Just then someone knocked on the door, I covered my face with my hands, then walked down stairs to see who was here.

When I opened the door I was shocked.

"Did you miss me." A familiar voice said.

"Apparently not as much as you missed me." I smiled as she jumped into my arms.

"Four years no call, or text? I'm your favourite cousin." Lexi said.

Lexi and I used to hang out during the summers when her family came down from Canada.

We were super close, she's a little older so she'd give me advice on situations.

"I've been keeping busy. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with a phone near." I remarked.

"So are you going to invite me in, or keep a jet legged girl waiting outside?" Lexi asked.

"I'm not sure, you might just be more entertaining standing out there." I joked.

"Well at least you're not depressed locked away in your room." Lexi pushed past me and entered my house.

"Trust me, that would be better than my life style right now." I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me again how you can afford all of this?" Lexi was always a little nosy.

"Loads of trust funds, specifically for just that." I told her.

"Okay, first you're making snarky jokes about me being locked out, then now you're more lousy then a dead person. What's going on." She pointed out.

"All I've done is talk, can't we just be normal teenagers and sneak into bars?" I've told Damon and Elena many times why I'm upset and confused, adding Lexi to the list was not on my to-do list.

"Mmhm, well then I'm going to have to assume, and let's face it things don't go so well from there." Lexi was all talk and no game, I've known that since we were little.

"I think I can handle your little outbursts." After I said that I could hear Lexi breath through gritted teeth.

"Try me, Stefan you used to tell me everything. Maybe I can help you out, relieve some of the stress you're obviously dealing with." I felt Lexi place her hand on my shoulder.

"Okay. Fine, I'll talk to you. It hasn't helped though so don't expect for me to be throwing confetti up in the air with joy." I tightened my jaw, thinking about what I was about to tell her.

"Who says that's my goal?" Lexi smiled.

"Where do I start? My ex girlfriend doesn't let me choose things, she's controlling. But yet we kiss and I feel all the love from when we were together." I looked down.

"I hope you're not talking about choosing movies and stuff." Lexi said sarcastically.

"No, I'm talking about life changing stuff." I told her.

"I'm going to be honest with you because frankly, I think that's why nobody else has been able to help you out. You need to put your big boy pants on, and grow up. It's clear that you're in love with her. And trust me, when it's real.. you can't walk away." She gave me a sincere face.

"Thanks Lexi." I took a breath, just replaying what she said. Then continued. "So where are you staying?"

"What are you talking about? I'm staying right here." She smiled.

*Present Day*
I stepped out of the car and walked around to open the door for Elena. I felt much better about things after my talk with Lexi.

We walked along the path leading to Caroline's big house, then ringing the door bell.

She opened the door.

"Hi." Caroline had a confused look onto her face.

"We were hoping to talk to you." Elena said.

Caroline leaned in a little closer, and whispered. "If this is about the vampire stuff, you have about five minutes before klaus gets home with Cara, so talk fast."

"So you did believe me?" I asked.

"I didn't until I saw blood running down Damon's face, look I'd prefer if you guys came back later 2:00 fine? I'll get klaus to take Cara to the park." Caroline offered.

"Yea.. sure." Elena told her.

Caroline shut the door, as Elena and I got back in the car.

"What are we gonna do about Damon? I was just about be friends again, then he basically shoves this vampire thing in Caroline's face." I closed my eyes in distress.

"Maybe we should cut him some slack. He is going through a rough time." Elena put her hand on mine.

"Like what, we wouldn't be in this if it weren't for him." I felt nothing for Damon at this point.

"The stress of it all. This wasn't his intentions, his emotions were shut off." I knew Elena and Damon became closer, but I didn't think they classified as 'friends'

"And since when are you an expert on Damon?" Anger filled my voice.

"Since you left me to go have a pity party." I could see Elena's eyes fill with tears.

"I'm sorry." I put my forehead against hers.

"It's okay." Elena kissed me, my hands were in her long, pin straight, brown hair.

The kiss intensified. It was filled more with passion and desire.. more with love.

-
I felt like Stefan changed his mind too quickly about Elena so I put Lexi in the story.. ALSO USED HER LINE.

I have been waiting for the right moment to use that line.. literally for a month.

So Caroline found out about vampires too.. I've got a few more things coming up.

Alsooooo!! Comment vote & follow💗