Chapter fifteen

A/N: I regret to inform you, that you have reached the last chapter:(
[Stefan's P.O.V]
"I'm telling you, I haven't talked to him in days, nor have I saw him!" Elena shouted in a defensive tone.

Damon has been suspiciously missing for 2 days now. Nobody has received a call or a text. Even a letter would've sufficed.

It wasn't like before, you could tell he was distant before he left for New York. He would intentionally be late for group events, or even watching football games on Sundays.

I remember he out of the blue, painted his room because he 'needed a change.' Or cut his own hair because he didn't have the patience to wait for his appointment day.

Damon had goals, he talked about college a lot. But he mentioned down time too. He left twice before, this time.. I don't know why or where.

"Well he didn't just disappear into thin air." Sarcasm was filling inside me, trying to express the feelings I had.

"I'm gonna let you're sudden anger towards me slide, because I know you're going through a hard time. Stefan, I don't know where he is at. I became friends with him, you.. you neglected him. That probably shook him, can we blame him for not wanting constant rudeness?" Elena explained.

"I cannot believe you're taking his side in this. I thought out of everyone, you'd at least be on side." I was hurt. Where was I to look for my brother Damon Salvatore?

"I'm not taking anyone's side, this isn't something to take sides for. But if we don't look at why he left, how are we gonna know where to look?" I took a deep breath.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I've gone through this twice before, I've learned to ignore it. I thought for one second maybe this time he'd stay. I guess I'm just waiting to be disappointed every time he is near." I said.

"Don't think like that. When you didn't want me, me and him bonded. I think he's changed. Maybe he spent a few nights away with some of his older friends." She said.

"How can you always be so full of hope?" I smiled.

"I'm not, trust me. But I've got it when I need it." She hugged me.

"Oh, a few months ago I ordered something. I'm gonna go check the mail." I told her as I let go of her.

"Yea sure, don't be long though" she laughed.

When I walked out side I felt the breeze, I shivered a little. The mail box was just outside of my drive way.

When I reached it I pulled open the flap, there was a few flyers, a letter but not the thing I ordered.

I pulled the letter out and began to read.

When I finished I took a step back, taking in what I had just read.

"Don't believe that, it was her idea." I heard a voice from behind.

"Damon.. you're alive." I bit my lip.

"You can't trust Lexi Branson, I wasn't aware you guys were close." Damon warned.

"And why can't I trust one of the only cousins I actually know?" I asked.

"Because she's the one who turned me." He confessed.

"Which makes her a.. vampire." I whispered, but I'm sure with Damons vampire hearing he heard me.

"There's one other thing you should know about Lexi, she's going to kill Elena." Damon said.

"Where is Lexi right now?" I asked in a scared tone.

"Probably with Elena. But Stefan, she's older which makes her stronger, you could get killed." Damon said.

"It doesn't matter, it's Elena." I honestly, couldn't think of a better way to Die.

"Then I'm going with you. I can't let you die, or Elena." Damon announced.

We hurried inside the house to see Lexi with a knife up to Elena's throat.

"One more step.. I dare you."  Lexi threatened.

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends." I shook my head in disbelief.

"That's it? No sobs, begging to let her go?wow you're weaker than I thought." A smile or mischief spread across her lips.

"I know you, I'm smarter than that." I told her. My hands were shaking. "But there has to be a reason you're doing this."

"I want you to suffer, just the way you made me suffer." Lexi's eyes had a revengeful look in them.

"What did I do to you, to make you hate me?" I asked.

"You know what you did." Lexi said as she decapitated Elena.

*the alarm clock went off*

"Morning hubby." I felt Elena's arm stroke mine.

"Morning." I rubbed my eyes to wake me up more.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked.

"Nothing, just a bad dream." I told her.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I debated whether or not to accept her offer.

"Long story short, a lot of heart break and uh.. vampires." We laughed.

"I love your imagination." She told me.

"Well, I love you, Elena." She came over and kissed my lips.

She intensified the kiss, then released.

"I love you too." She said.

This, is a life worth living. One filled with love, bounded by a marriage. Hopefully ending with kids and much more LOVE.

-
Cue the sad music..

Idk if you guys are satisfied with the ending, but did you at least enjoy the book up until this point.

I think you should be glad it didn't end with death, and heart break.

This was a fun 3 months writing the two books to this sequel.

Thank you to everyone who read these books, makes me very happy:)

Bye now💗