Chapter two

[Elena's P.O.V]
So I'm basically just standing here, confused as ever, wondering who this Damon guy is.

He obviously means something to Stefan if he shows up, and Stefan gets stressed.

It's dead silence I figure I'll just introduce myself to break the silence.

I walk over closer to him.

"Hi, I'm Elena." I put my hand out to shake is hand.

[Stefan's P.O.V]
What is he going to do. That letter was Cryptic but not cryptic all at the same time.

Elena reaches out her hand, but instead of him shaking her hand he pulls her in and cups her head as if he was going to snap her neck.

"Damon don't!" I yelled as tears rose to Elena's eyes.

'I love you' she mouthed.

"This is for you." Damon grinned as I watched him take the life of my girlfriend.

"Stefan, wake up its 8:00!" I heard Elena say.

I open my eyes to Elena.

I shake my head and rub my eyes.

"Sorry I guess, I just fell asleep." I told her.

"Trust me its quite alright Stefan." I jumped jerking my head to the side of the room revealing Damon with a smirk.

"Damon hey! Uh what... What are you doing here?" I asked. I know it was just a dream, but that means something I wouldn't have dreamt it if that letter didn't scare me at all.

"Haven't seen me in over a year and not even the slightest bit of enthusiasm, well I'm disappointed. And as to your question I missed my only friend, my brother, my partner in crime—" I cut Damon off.

"Just cut to the chase!" I interrupted him.

"I'm here for Elena and you. To make sure things go as planned." He revealed.

"You better mean good Damon." He was acting like a completely different guy. I had to be sure before I let him back in my life— in a Elena's life.

"Of course I mean good, I'm not a psychopath. Didn't you get my letter?" He asked me.

"I did but it was twisted and hurtful, I was hoping you were joking." I was shaking, I couldn't exactly figure out why if Damon didn't say any words about hurting us.

"Oh brother, I mean what you think I mean. I better get going, it was great meeting you Elena." Damon took Elena's hand. I quick flashback of my dream came back where he snapped her neck but instead he kissed her hand.

"You too Damon, and don't be a stranger!" Elena yelled as Damon shut the door.

"I um I don't think he can be truste—Ow!" Elena punched me in the arm.

"You never told me in the year we've been dating that you had a brother!" Elena shouted.

"He disappointed me, twice. I didn't think he was coming back, he hurt me so I um.. Well I buried him away. Didn't let him bother me." I revealed to her.

"I understand some things are so difficult and upsetting that you don't want to bring them up, like ever. But this is a brother, and I want you to know that you can tell me." She told me.

"I know that. But I also know is that Damon sent me a letter that didn't sound like 'I hope your doing great.' Trust me, trust me that I'm doing this for you." I didn't know exactly what Damon's intentions were but they weren't good.

My number one priority nowadays when it comes to Damon is keeping Elena safe.

"What did the letter say?" She asked me.

I walked away and grabbed the letter, I handed it to her "here."

I watched as she skimmed the letter.

"Stefan.." Elena looked at me with sorrow.

"He never acted like this before, we used to be good friends, not just brothers. That's why this seems out of the blue." I told her.

"Did you do something in the past, that he might of just now found out about?" Elena asked me.

"No, mm unless he's upset I broke his Karate kid soundtrack when I was eight." I remember how he left it on his floor and I walked in and stepped on it. He was mad for about 3 days until he gave in and played catch with me.

"What about junior high?" She asked which struck a memory.

"My junior high school had announcements over the P.A. Well Damon liked this girl named Katherine, I was tired of him never just going for things that he wanted. People agreed with me, so they made a name for them 'datherine'. I was dumb enough to say it on the P.A. Katherine put the pieces together and Damon was made fun of for weeks." It wasn't even a big deal but Damon hated me for 1 month.

"So just because you said a dumb name that 75% of the school probably thought was gibberish you think he hates you for that?" She was right. "Dig deeper Stefan."

"Nothing those were our two big arguments." I started. "Anyways, let's worry about this tomorrow, it's our anniversary."

"You're right." She walked over to me and kissed my neck with her fingers playing around in my hair. Then our lips met.

"Mm I love you." I told her.

"I love you too but dinners getting cold." She said as she grabbed my hand and led me towards my kitchen where a nice dinner was set up.

"There's something I wanna ask you." I looked into her eyes. Her big brown eyes.

"This isn't a proposal right?" Elena didn't want to be proposed to? I mean it's not a proposal but she wouldn't be the least bit happy?

"Umm no, well sorta but not the kind you think." I didn't want a marriage right now anyways.

"Okay, so what's your question?" She seemed more focused now.

"My family has this lake house, we could use a night or two away. Right?" I hope she says yes.

"Yea, let's go!" She said.

-

Caroline will be in next chapter for sure!!

Don't forget to vote comment & follow