Chapter twelve

[Elena's P.O.V]
Caroline picked up Cara about five minutes ago. I'm debating whether or not to go see Stefan, I mean he could possibly think everything is fine.

Screw it I'm going. I jumped in my car and raced to his house. I could see his garbage bin peeking into the road.

I pulled in and waited a few moments until I went in, just reminiscing about the day we first met;

I wore a red top with blue jeans, and walked into history class. I took a seat in front of Bonnie, diagonal from Stefan.

I glanced back at him, smiling while blushing. I felt this exciting rush whenever our eyes met.

He invited me to a party that night, and we had both liked books. We were human.

Happy humans..

I shook my head stopping myself from becoming anymore upset.

I got over everything and knocked on his door. I could hear him walk to the door.

"Elena.. what are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I wanted to talk with you." I looked down not quite sure how to start.

"You can come in." He offered.

I walked inside, and took a seat on his couch.

"I don't want to spend too much time discussing something as stupid as this.. Damon seems to think that you think he likes me. Romantically." I blurted out.

"Nope, unless that's something I should be worrying about." Stefan shook his head.

"Good, because I have a question. I seem to have a lot of those these days." I said.

"Go for it." Stefan replied.

"What are we?" I was anxiously awaiting his answer.

"Well I was hoping, we were officially dating." His words causing me to smile.

I kissed him, like never before.

"But there is one thing I need you to help me do?" Stefan told me.

"Yea anything." I said.

"Caroline isn't believing me about vampires." Why would Stefan tell her?

"Why would you tell her in the first place?" I paced around the room.

"Because I couldn't lie, I still want her in my life. For however long that may be." Stefan told me.

"I've been lying to everyone, and trust me it's hard. But I do it because I know it's for the greater good." I didn't want to have to explain to Caroline what's going on.

"I know, but what makes you think Caroline isn't the next target for vampirism? Better she knows about it than be defenceless!" Stefan argued.

"Let's not jump to conclusions. I'll talk to her tomorrow." I said as Stefan threw me over his shoulder and gently laid me on his bed.

"Mm yes. I wanna enjoy my girlfriends presence, before I go back to the world of vampires." Stefan said as he started tickling me.

My laughs grew louder and louder.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you, too." He said back.

I kissed him gently on the lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay. Good night Stefan." I waved and walked out of his bedroom, entered the living room where we were just a few minutes before.

Then left.

{the next morning}

*alarm clock goes off*
I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand to wake myself up a bit more.

This was going to be an interesting day, Caroline will finally come to the realization that everything she's ever known to be true, could be a lie.

Glad I have Stefan to be the one to do it too. Just the thought of his name made a smile form on my lips.

Then I heard my phone buzz; I had a text message.

From Stefan: Morning babe. I'll be there to pick you up in 10 min. Be ready;)

Ten minutes? It's 8:30 I thought I had until 9:30 to be ready! Oh well have to get up now.

I texted him back

To Stefan: How about, you go around the block a few times and make it 20?

It didn't take to long for him to reply

From Stefan: nah. 7 min now, times running out.

I laughed. Then said back

To Stefan: no, I guess I gtg get ready. See you in a few min💗.

I shut my phone off and ran to my closet and pulled on my comfiest pair of jeans, with a turquoise tank top.

Put my hair in a high pony when my phone buzzed once again.

From Stefan: and I'm here.. if you're still in bed I'm dumping water on you.

I raced out side with vampire speed, ignoring his text message on purpose.

"Lets go see our mutual friend." I smiled, looking out the window.

"Good morning to you too." Stefan said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry." I put my hand on his that wasn't attached to the steering wheel.

"On the bright side at least we don't have to hide from her, we can be ourselves." Stefan shrugged.

"Hey and maybe that guy klaus will be there, you said you wanted to meet him." I told him.

"I thought you said it was a bad idea." Stefan looked at me confused.

"I realized that I shouldn't be so protective or try to control you, that's not a relationship." I said.

"Maybe it's because you love your awesome boyfriend so much you don't want to lose him." We laughed.

"I like this, promise me we won't lose this again." I said.

"I promise." Stefan assured me.

We pulled up to Caroline's house, and knocked on the door.

I sure hope this goes well.

-
Because this is my only active book I'll announce it on here. I've changed my username, (for personal reasons) and I've changed all of my book covers.

So that's why everything looks different.

Also, this story is probably gonna be just a few chapters longer. And I'm so tired of time standing still in this story so after like one or two more chapters there will be a time jump.

Nothing drastic. So don't stop reading;))

Vote & comment please!!