Chapter 1

We start off with...

A kingdom. Filled with thousands of people. Thousands of lives. Thousands of homes. And among those homes lay one huge home, hidden from the rest of the world.

A castle. Inside that castle is, nothing but empty space.

One day, by sheer chance, a princess was put inside that castle. Alone and forgotten. Reasons unknown. Her castle home is heavily guarded. No way in, no way out.

Unable to escape her prison, the princess watched the world from her window. Day after day, night after night. She'd watch the leaves on the trees change and the animals below grow up. The world was so beautiful, and yet so unattainable to her.

The princess would always dream of escaping. To be freed by her knight in shining armor. To explore the world as she once did many, many years ago.

That was her dream.

And after praying, and wishing, and praying her prayers were answered.

A knight appeared before her smiling gently and holding out his hand. His lips moved but no words came out. Yet, the princess, could understand him exactly, as if he were really speaking.

'Come with me.' The knight had said.

Only one problem. When the princess looked around she noticed blood painted walls. Corpses lying everywhere. Dead maids and guards bodies littered the room.

Upon further inspection, the princess notice the knight what covered in blood. His armor stained almost entirely red.

The room began to shrink every, ounce of light gone.

The male stepped toward her, keeping his smile, though his eyes held little kindness.

The princess tried to scream but nothing came from her throat. The male took another step, harshly grabbing her wrist.

His arm turned completely black and seemed to melt like goo around her joint.

The goo turned into shackles that connected the knight and the terrified princess.

The knight once again spoke. His voice was now audible.

"Now...now you are mine...my sweet, sweet, princess..."

~•~•~

(Y/N) awoke with a gasp, sitting up swiftly. She was hyperventilating. Trembling, the girl looked around at her surroundings.

She was in her room, safe.

She looked down at her bed sheets, gripping them tightly and trying to calm herself.

"Damn..." She mumbled, hugging her shoulders. "That nightmare again..."

This was the third time she had this nightmare. It always started out the same. But the endings were always different.

The first time, the princess was was saved but then taken to a dungeon, to be locked away under the careful watch of the knight.

The second time, the knight turned into a horrifying dragon that swallowed the princess, whole.

And finally her most recent nightmare.

(Y/N) brought her knees up to her chest, slowly calming down. After a while of contemplating her dream, the girl glanced at the digital clock by her bed.

5:33 A.M.

(Y/N) sighed. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up.

Might as well get ready for school...

She thought as she made her way over to her bathroom to start off her morning routine.